Pick this up on Saturday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigmacplease

Car
W245 B170 & R170 SLK320
Evening all,

I've finally decided to get an slk, after wanting one since they were released I've finally done it!

I pick up this beauty on Saturday and I can't wait!

slk1.JPG

slk2.JPG

slk3.JPG

slk4.JPG

Better late than never :D

Good choice of car - but then I'm biased!!

the original SLK is aging very well :)

Thanks for all the comments! I really think it's aged so well particularly when you compare it to the z3!

It's in Bristol not sure if that's near where you said?

Roll on Saturday morning :D let's hope there's a heatwave on the weekend!

Congrats,nice looking slk[same interior as mine].

It's in Bristol not sure if that's near where you said?

No - it looks like the place I got my CLK from.
Those are definitely the best wheels for the SLK - they really are very good cars - enjoy!

Going to the NEC for the Classic Car show reminded me of the only time I went to the old Motor Show there, which IIRC had both the concept SLK and the C36 in. I think they are a lovely little car, although I always felt the production front missed the delicacy of the concept.

3041231.001_1028big.jpg

Anyway, enjoy! Good time of year to be getting a hard top!

Last edited:
hi mate these pictures look very familiar.is the company avon autobahn near avon/bath? i bought a car from there before,make sure and go over it with a fine toothed comb!!twice...

hi mate these pictures look very familiar.is the company avon autobahn near avon/bath? i bought a car from there before,make sure and go over it with a fine toothed comb!!twice...

Thank you. So incredibly pleasing to see someone write fine toothed comb rather than fine toothcomb. Buy that man a beer.

Grumpy old git tirade over.

Avon autobhan? Don't think so, what's your experience? Got a link to where they are based?

I wasn't aware that was there name, I've googled them and found someone complaining he thought he had bought a Porsche back in 2006 but they sold it.

Most of the posts are from 2006 and that's it.

What do you know then?

hi mate not sure if they have changed there name or not,its possible though.i phoned about a bmw e36 m3 back in 2010.it was on my list of must have car's i had to own.
i asked the following:
bodywork condition rust/filler/dents etc: he replied no problems at all very sound car
interior condition:very nice no faults to mention
service history: f.s.h
any running/mechanical issues: none at all
i thought great this is the "one" i couldnt get down for another 5 days so secured the car for a small deposit.
when i got there started to look around the car one hole quarter panel was full of filler,the other rear quarter rusty.one front wing rusty,the whole front end stone rashed to oblivion and the brake duct hanging off the bumper.wheels kerbed to hell and worn/sidewall damaged tyres. all faults clearly visible
interior was tired and the driver's bolster had a 2 inch hole.
part service history.
not the way it was described over the phone infact a world apart.dont get me wrong i wasn't expecting a concours car and it was reasonably priced at the time however if he had told me honestly regarding the cars condition i would have given it a second thought.
already a few hundred quid down i bought the car as i knew i could have a couple of months fun out of it and get my money back.
when i got it home i could smell burning oil so after a bit of digging around the engine bay there was a rag stuffed in the bay covering an oil leak!! nice.
phoned them back up and they didnt want to know at all.they couldn't have cared less.
but all in all i had my 2 months of fun and sold it on honestly and got my money back so all good in the end.
all i can say is if its the place just go over it twice and make sure evrything works and check's out.
good luck with it

would like to add if it's the same place im just making you aware of my experience so going over it is a must.maybe take someone with you for a second opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom