Pick up Hairdessers Car This Wednesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dagd

Car
SLK230
After being a Company car user for the last 18 years, I decided to stop paying out payment in kind to the tax man, as I'm now a low milage user and have no need for a family car. Both my kids have there own now and my wife has a sensible BMW estate, so it's back to my youth and a four year old SLK230.

Can't wait, in my early twenties I owned an Austin Healy Sprite, an MG and two Spitfire IV's before the kids came along. I would say that I'm looking forward to having the wind in my hair, but I haven't got much of that left! Wife say's it a male menopause thing, I'll remember that in the summer and she asks if she can borrow it!

This is only my second post on this forum and I like to say how helpful and imformative it is.

Kind regards

Dagd

Good luck and enjoy.We love our SLK ,when the sun is out its such a wonderful experience without a roof.here`s to a summer in which to enjoy it.

You will love it. And after a while they get fed up of all the hairdresser comments. Well they don't but it's easier to ignore them.

Have fun and ignore the jealous jibes. :D

If you think about getting a CLK Cab in the future, same hairdresser comments apply. Usually from Boxster drivers (which is pretty amusing really).

Got people in the office that drive a mixture of cars, but there are two or three that I'm sure are going to give me hell (one has a TVR and the other a Z3). Been trying to think of suitable comments (my wife always refers to problems in the trouser department for these), I guess I'll take your advice and ignore the jibes. Incidently, my brother is a hairdresser, does that count?

Thanks for you comments

dagd

They're all jealous!
Welcome to the SLK sorry Mercedes club!

dagd said:
Got people in the office that drive a mixture of cars, but there are two or three that I'm sure are going to give me hell (one has a TVR and the other a Z3). Been trying to think of suitable comments (my wife always refers to problems in the trouser department for these), I guess I'll take your advice and ignore the jibes. Incidently, my brother is a hairdresser, does that count?

Thanks for you comments

dagd

Z3!! How could a Z3 driver have the chutzpah to deride anyone else's choice of car.......
And you'll always have the pleasure of looking forward to the day that you cruise past the TVR driver sitting on the hard shoulder waiting for the AA......

My local hairdresser has just switched from a silver SLK to a VW Touareg!

nickg said:
cruise past the TVR driver sitting on the hard shoulder waiting for the AA......

That's assuming he got it started in the first place!

They do sound glorious though ... when they're running.

The other problem with the TVR driver is that he can't sneak out of the car park without everyone knowing, agree about the sound, though I seem to remember that my MG got on my nerves on long journeys and this only made half the racket of the TVR.

In time you'll swap the curling tongs for a chest wig and medallion and buy a proper convertible ;)

Cue Pammy :D :D :D :D any excuse to get her top down ;) :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom