Pick up SLK55 on Saturday. MB newb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG55TS

Hi all,

I'm collecting a new SLK55 on Saturday. I'm new to the forum, but have been reading lots of posts over the last week or two in the lead up to getting the car.
I'm annoyed about the iPhone / Comand online issue, but encouraged that the rest of the iPhone stuff works well.

I'm a BMW fan normally. I would like one of the very latest M3's when they come out in a couple of years. The SLK55 was chosen because of the (hopefully) clever cylinder cut off system. Fuel economy is very important as we pay so much for fuel. Fair enough if you are doing 150mph, but travelling in traffic, it's nice to have some economy.

It's Palladium Silver with Red leather and Harman audio. Also ambient lighting.

Let me know if you want any questions answering about the car - it's literally just been built last week.

Tony (AMG55TS)

Welcome to the forum. I'm sooo jealous, I would love to upgrade from my 230SLK to the 55 AMG.

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum

SLK55....hmm, nice. Welcome to the forum, please keep us updated and pictures when you can.

Hello and welcome to you.

hello and welcome from me too. Great choice of car, nice colour combo too...

Welcome. You have fine sate in cars.

Welcome. I'll be very interested in your impressions of the car as I'm considering changing my 2007 SL for a new SLK55.

Yes I will upload photos as soon as I can.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Tony

Hi,welcome to the forum!

Hi & welcome, if money was no object an SLK55 would probably be on my shopping list! Look forward to seeing some pics. when you get it.

Yes welcome to the AMG Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum ,hope you enjoy it here .

Welcome to the forum :)
Please to do post up some pictures of your SLK when you get it

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics and report. I imagine you've been out driving all day?

welcome Tony, saw a nice black one yesterday along the A12, enjoy the 55!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom