Pick up the new car on Tuesday :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Morning all.

New guy from SE London, new to this forum, but not to forums in general.

I drive a 2014 C180 arm, but pick up two new cars on Tuesday :bannana:

Getting a C250 Sport Premium Plus for myself, and an A250 AMG for the Mrs. She has a 2014 Honda Civic SR currently.

Looking forward to picking them both up in a couple of st thought I'd join up and say hey!

Thanks Pete

Still trying to figure out what I'll have on this new car that I didn't on my current C180. Both have the Premium Plus packs, but the new car seems to have quite a lot of extra kit. Maybe because it's a sport and not the SE Executive?

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the Burmester sound system? I have high hopes, but apparently it's not as good as the £4K option in the Porche.

Welcome Dave.tam from South East London... ;)

Hey markjay

Do you guys ever meet up on here, or is it purely a virtual thing?

I used to be a member of VXROnline and they had meets all the time, but to be fair, was probably a different crowd!

I wasn't a boy racer btw.....lol had a couple of zafira VXRs as I needed 7 seats :)

Welcome, have a great time with the new motors.

Cheers jfhuk

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Will do, I'll take some as soon as I get home :) think they'll look good side by side.

The C is black, and the A white

Hi Dsve. Welcome to the forum. Exciting times getting not one but 2 new cars.

Can just imagine you both on Tuesday evening reading your respective user manuals with a glass of something nice.

Enjoy. Ant.

No glass of anything nice for me :( I'll be back off to work at 10pm :'(

A glass of something nice doesn't HAVE to be alcoholic. J2o with ice is nice.

Ant. :D

Happytalk73 said:
A glass of something nice doesn't HAVE to be alcoholic. J2o with ice is nice. Ant. :D

Limited edition J2o Pomegranate circa 2011 was the best J2o ever! :)

Well judgement day is nearly upon me. One more sleep until I pick up the new motors :D

Just gutted that I'm at work from 10pm tonight and don't finish until 7am! Then I'll be asleep most of day tomorrow lol Hopefully I'll manage to contain my excitement and sleep well, as I'm back in at work at 10 that evening too! :eek:

Well, good news and bad news.....

I have awoken form my slumber and called my dealership to arrange a specific time to pick the cars up, but there's a problem :(

Only my C250 is there, the wife's A250 won't be in for another 5 days :mad:

I mean I know that $hit happens, but they could have at least told me before I call them!

I incurred charges to change the wife's insurance over today too, so no doubt will have to pay another admin charge to change it back to her old car again, and another in 5 days to change it yet again to the A :(

Still, on a brighter note, I'm off to get my new car :bannana:

Well, good news and bad news.....

I have awoken form my slumber and called my dealership to arrange a specific time to pick the cars up, but there's a problem :(

Only my C250 is there, the wife's A250 won't be in for another 5 days :mad:

I mean I know that $hit happens, but they could have at least told me before I call them!

I incurred charges to change the wife's insurance over today too, so no doubt will have to pay another admin charge to change it back to her old car again, and another in 5 days to change it yet again to the A :(

Still, on a brighter note, I'm off to get my new car :bannana:

Dave, that's unforgivable. They would have known last week that the car wasn't available for handover today and should have phoned you without delay.

To give you the news during a call you made to them was really unprofessional.

Please tell me that you informed them of your insurance admin fees and you demanded they pay up???

However, I bet you'll forget about it as soon as you get into your 250.

Keep us posted Dave. :thumb:

Ant.

Sorry to hear about the delay with your wife's car. The dealer needs a bit of a talking to regarding not keeping you informed.

Regarding the insurance, why didn't you use the First Cover? That way you don't have to swap over your own insurance until after you've collected the car.

Insult to injury, it wasn't even by phone, it was by text lol dumped by text! Haha.

To be fair, my dealer is excellent. Apart from the obvious not telling me that the car wouldn't be ready! He already said he will "compensate" me, and for me not to worry, and yes, I told them about the insurance issue.

Well on a brighter note, I'm sitting in the dealer lounge staring at my car, which is under one of those metallic sheet things, awaiting the reveal :)

Pics when I finally have my hands on it :)

Struggling to upload pics lol but I'm happy so far.

Not so happy with the so called stereo "upgrade" though, but I'll have a play with the settings and see how it goes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom