Picked a new e-class cabrio.. arrives in 10 days :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
so its been done..

Just put a holding deposit down on a facelift e class cabrio

The full specification is:

775-Iridium Silver
268-Alpaca Grey Leather
30P- Storage Package
403-Airscarf
P44-360 Camera/Parking Package
736-Black Ash Wood
744-SOFT TOP DARK BLUE
810-Harmon Kardon
P64-Memory Package

E220cdi AMG sport, 7g auto

I am not a fan of the facelift e class saloon at all as you know, but the coupe and cabrio are rather exciting cars and the facelift cabrio does look very sharp and good.

I'm rather excited by this car and as for the sourcing i did for it.. spoke to 15+ dealers.. and had 30+ cars thrown my way, but this is the only one that ticked most of the boxes..

Mum has always wanted the toys we have on the S5 cabrio and on 212, so this has quite a few.. she doesnt know about it, and we will present it to her in week of 22nd July... I think its a nice step up from her C200.

was looking for a pre ordered designo, but only was offered a pre facelift in mocha black with porcelain interior, and loads of toys.. which was very nice.. but the discount did not add up for us

this was the mocha designo - its in Southampton if anyone is interested.. E350CDI

mocha1.jpg

mocha2.jpg

mocha3.jpg

mocha4.jpg

I got a decent chunk off list RRP for a cash deal too. Not bad me thinks.

Here is an illustration of the one chosen.

CABRIOE220CDI.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
looking forward to the pics ..

I really like the facelift E class cab

You've still got the old girl though haven't you Boss....?

Silver with blue hood ... an an unusual combination. Doesnt look great in that pic IMO but will be interesting to see how it looks in the actual pictures of the car.

I think it looks alright to be honest - unusual but it appears to work ok.

Maybe introduce a third color, a very light blue green window tint, or maybe that would be just too much....??

Anyway the silver has the additional advantage of hiding those archs round the rear wheels, looks better that way IMHO.

Excellent! Get it up here as soon as poss! :)

Quickly, did you find a way to lube the rear window, mine are slowing just a bit so it's time....

At my Dad's today (but in the Toyota), could drop by on the way home?

Nice present by the way! :)

Last edited:
Boss,

Can you give us an indication of the discount for a cash purchase...by PM would do...

Congratulations on your purchase. There is a CLK cab in silver with the navy roof and it looks fine. I'm sure this will look brilliant on yours in the flesh with the alpaca interior...

Theirs is a really strange combination of silver, blue roof and burgundy interior!

quickly, did you find a way to lube the rear window, mine are slowing just a bit so it's time....

rear windows - is slow. prob Means you have bad regulator arms...pos crease or some sticky residue on it... Motors prob fine, just the regulator arms may have black residue and oil thats turned sticky

Last edited:
Quickly, did you find a way to lube the rear window, mine are slowing just a bit so it's time....

i didnt find a way, but i would get the regulators out and cleaned, and then oiled with the stuff they use on the aeriel antenna..

Nice choice of car and I think that silver with a blue roof was quite a traditional combination. Look forward to seeing the pics.

As a side note what happened to your last new car thread... did it reach a conclusion?

Tan

Nice choice of car and I think that silver with a blue roof was quite a traditional combination. Look forward to seeing the pics.

As a side note what happened to your last new car thread... did it reach a conclusion?

Tan

please remind me.. lol..

was it a car for dad? or for wife? v:dk:

My Clk is silver with blue roof and light grey leather i think it looks the nuts!

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom