Picked my first Mercedes up last night - C320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Newton

Car
190d + C43 AMG
Evening team, might have spotted in my welcome thread i paid a deposit on Joesef's C320 last week.

been looking forward to getting it for a week or so, Joesef rang me yesterday and me and my dad headed from Bridgend to just outside Basingstoke yesterday evening. Probably not the wisest thing to do considering the weather but just wanted to get the car, as you can imagine ;)

Did the deal in Joesef's then me and my Dad made the 3 hour trip back, in somewhat interesting conditions, main roads were pretty clear along with the M4 motorway but the side roads were still abit dodgy. But got the car back in one piece.

8395204207_6806f9bdc4.jpg

Whilst the car certainly isnt as perfect as it appears in the advert and theres a few things that have disappeared from the car since i paid the deposit, im completely over the moon with it. The engine pulls amazing with the remap, and you can tell its been meticulously maintained all its life, the wod of receipts that came with it is impressive :D rides and feels aswell as the 2012 C Class that my fathers just sold, if anything i prefer the smoother gearbox in it.

Some pix from today

8395202027_2d098a9c1e_c.jpg

8395202749_95b000bf1c_c.jpg

8395203201_5c7cca5f88_c.jpg

8396287996_bc00d0b1ac_c.jpg

Few little things to sort on it first, ordered a standard grille and proper star so should have them on soon, tyres on the front are pretty much gone so might looking at getting some C32 wheels for it, if anyone would be interested in the ones that are currently on it let me know :)

first 24hours of Mercedes ownership has been amazing so far, looking forward to getting a few miles under it :thumb:

Nice looking car!
As you say. lose that grill asap + either paint the centre caps, or get orignal colour ones.

Any mods planned?

Whilst the car certainly isnt as perfect as it appears in the advert and theres a few things that have disappeared from the car since i paid the deposit, im completely over the moon with it.:

Whats missing?

Looks like a lovley car.

Looks a well looked after car-good luck with it!

What are the things that went missing ? Not a nice thing to mention !!

Nice looking car!
As you say. lose that grill asap + either paint the centre caps, or get orignal colour ones.

Any mods planned?

Not sure yet tbh mate, few little OEM changes like the grille and badge but nothing major planned. Just enjoying it as is for now. :)

Whats missing?

Looks like a lovley car.

What are the things that went missing ? Not a nice thing to mention !!

Nothing too major, there was a electronic switch on the dash that sharped up the throttle response, not too bothered about that, but when i saw it first and paid the deposit it had the SAP bluetooth Unit for your phone in the arm rest and it also had an iPod/aux lead that was connected to the command unit. Just would have been nice to have them.

If they were there at deposit time then they should be thee now... i'd raise an issue!

A lovely looking car, and well done drivingit back in that snow!

The SAP unt won't be cheap - they some times go on eBay but if you really want one, and need it now then I think they're £200 from COMANDonline.

I don't think jack plugs were standard when your car was built, so depending upon how it's been retrofitted it may be just 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack plug lead you need. I bought one from Amazon this week which was £9 delivered, but you can get cheaper ones from £1 on eBay.

If they were there at deposit time then they should be thee now... i'd raise an issue!

A lovely looking car, and well done drivingit back in that snow!

The SAP unt won't be cheap - they some times go on eBay but if you really want one, and need it now then I think they're £200 from COMANDonline.

I don't think jack plugs were standard when your car was built, so depending upon how it's been retrofitted it may be just 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack plug lead you need. I bought one from Amazon this week which was £9 delivered, but you can get cheaper ones from £1 on eBay.

Thanks! Ah really havent looked at the SAP unit, didnt realise it was that much.

Will give Joesef a buzz today see if he can get it sent down to me.

Also will have a look at the unit today, am i right in thinking it could just be a 3.5mm into the rear of the command unit?

If the MB jack plug has been retrofitted in the original location the open the glovebox and on the left hans side, in the upper section you'll see what appears to be a metal fixing of some sort. That's the jack plug socket.

Depends on the advert if he listed the SAP as included in the price etc. I'd pick that up with the vendor.

Otherwise, nice car. I like the wheels and I think the grill is ok too.

thought id may aswell chuck some new pix in here, now ive had a chance to clean it

8410867049_c2f41cfa92_c.jpg

8410866395_6d3203a0cb_c.jpg

8410865857_c33b1ce595_c.jpg

8411961636_b02b498baf_c.jpg

8410867677_930f7cb7f1_c.jpg

8411964622_d70c37c56d_c.jpg

theres a few more will upload later.

no real updates of any interest, had two new tyres for the front to replace the slicks and next big spend will have to be brakes on the front, theres nothing all on them at all and they aint going to be cheap. Then will look at some AMG Split wheels.

still loving it so far, even the MPG isnt that bad ;) trying to get a Command 2.0 Nav disk aswell as that was none existent when i bought it

Evening team, might have spotted in my welcome thread i paid a deposit on Joesef's C320 last week.

been looking forward to getting it for a week or so, Joesef rang me yesterday and me and my dad headed from Bridgend to just outside Basingstoke yesterday evening. Probably not the wisest thing to do considering the weather but just wanted to get the car, as you can imagine ;)

Did the deal in Joesef's then me and my Dad made the 3 hour trip back, in somewhat interesting conditions, main roads were pretty clear along with the M4 motorway but the side roads were still abit dodgy. But got the car back in one piece.

8395204207_6806f9bdc4.jpg

Whilst the car certainly isnt as perfect as it appears in the advert and theres a few things that have disappeared from the car since i paid the deposit, im completely over the moon with it. The engine pulls amazing with the remap, and you can tell its been meticulously maintained all its life, the wod of receipts that came with it is impressive :D rides and feels aswell as the 2012 C Class that my fathers just sold, if anything i prefer the smoother gearbox in it.

Some pix from today

8395202027_2d098a9c1e_c.jpg

8395202749_95b000bf1c_c.jpg

8395203201_5c7cca5f88_c.jpg

8396287996_bc00d0b1ac_c.jpg

Few little things to sort on it first, ordered a standard grille and proper star so should have them on soon, tyres on the front are pretty much gone so might looking at getting some C32 wheels for it, if anyone would be interested in the ones that are currently on it let me know :)

first 24hours of Mercedes ownership has been amazing so far, looking forward to getting a few miles under it :thumb:

Hi Tom

Car looks great, let me know if you sell the wheels as i might be interested.

Cheers Glyn

Just my personal taste but i prefer the grill it came with.
Lovely looking car :thumb:

Just my personal taste but i prefer the grill it came with.
Lovely looking car :thumb:

Could do with the facelift Avantgarde Grill, but it is a great improvement over that terrible big star grill!

Nice pics!

Cheers folks

Tom there's some decent photography going on. C'mon what are you shooting with?

cant take credit for the photos as my bro is the photographer, and thats his 190e

He uses a Sony A500 and he had a NE-X 5 delivered this week so first outing with that, very impressive bit of kit, the video is amazing for a fairly small camera.

some more from today

8412048018_6f93300c8f_c.jpg

8410949035_eec510e259_c.jpg

8412051312_89b3c742c8_c.jpg

8410945891_e1052316e7_c.jpg

8410941919_99fdb1d8b6_c.jpg

8410944075_51492e0fd7_c.jpg

8410940317_66a3e47041_c.jpg

8410938377_acc3770671_c.jpg

8410934947_39b9d7bc35_c.jpg

8412028628_6c92b32527_c.jpg

8412025956_727e6647e1_c.jpg