Picked up a roof rack bargain for the W140

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a lex

Car
W140 S280
I have been scouting around for some sort of roof rack for the W140 - eBay sellers either didnt want to post abroad or the prices were crazy (local Halfords wanted €180 for a Mont Blanc after market system, for example).

I was getting a bit frustrated until last night when I spotted an official W140 roof rack system on a local Dutch auction website. I bid €50 and it was accepted :bannana: Not only that but they came with the official twin bike transport attachments :bannana::bannana:

Apart from them being dirty they are basically unused - came with all the keys and are in very, very good nick. I had to drive about an hour to get them and when I turned up the seller turned out to be a taxi company who had briefly used them on their W140 about 10yrs ago, for whatever reason they had been sitting in the workshop unused since then.

622c2bc3.jpg

9808b64e.jpg

Good buy!

I got my official Mercedes Aero bars for £25...the key was lost. But, the key to my top box turned out to be the same. That was a stroke of luck...but I do wonder how many keys will open the bars.

Good buy!

I got my official Mercedes Aero bars for £25...the key was lost. But, the key to my top box turned out to be the same. That was a stroke of luck...but I do wonder how many keys will open the bars.

Good going! I never knew the bike rack attachment existed, so ill take them as a bonus :)

well done... Ive been looking for a set of W124 saloon bars for ages with no luck.

I've seen at least three go on eBay for the past 6 months

I bought a bargain once,roof bars and roofbox all original for £57
When I asked the seller for the address so I could pick up,he replied saying sorry but he can't find the keys for any of them (-:

I unfortunately had to pay the retail price for my W211 bars and bike rack from Mercedes and to be honest I wish I hadn't and had gone with a Thule system. The Mercedes items are not great IMHO and could easily be stolen off the car, the bike rack especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom