Picked up a roof rack bargain for the W140

a lex

Car
W140 S280
I have been scouting around for some sort of roof rack for the W140 - eBay sellers either didnt want to post abroad or the prices were crazy (local Halfords wanted €180 for a Mont Blanc after market system, for example).

I was getting a bit frustrated until last night when I spotted an official W140 roof rack system on a local Dutch auction website. I bid €50 and it was accepted :bannana: Not only that but they came with the official twin bike transport attachments :bannana::bannana:

Apart from them being dirty they are basically unused - came with all the keys and are in very, very good nick. I had to drive about an hour to get them and when I turned up the seller turned out to be a taxi company who had briefly used them on their W140 about 10yrs ago, for whatever reason they had been sitting in the workshop unused since then.

622c2bc3.jpg

9808b64e.jpg

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Good buy!

I got my official Mercedes Aero bars for £25...the key was lost. But, the key to my top box turned out to be the same. That was a stroke of luck...but I do wonder how many keys will open the bars.

OP
OP
A

a lex

Car
W140 S280
Good buy!

I got my official Mercedes Aero bars for £25...the key was lost. But, the key to my top box turned out to be the same. That was a stroke of luck...but I do wonder how many keys will open the bars.

Good going! I never knew the bike rack attachment existed, so ill take them as a bonus :)

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
well done... Ive been looking for a set of W124 saloon bars for ages with no luck.

I've seen at least three go on eBay for the past 6 months

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
I bought a bargain once,roof bars and roofbox all original for £57
When I asked the seller for the address so I could pick up,he replied saying sorry but he can't find the keys for any of them (-:

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
I unfortunately had to pay the retail price for my W211 bars and bike rack from Mercedes and to be honest I wish I hadn't and had gone with a Thule system. The Mercedes items are not great IMHO and could easily be stolen off the car, the bike rack especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom