Picked up my C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63PTL

Car
C63 COUPE
Hi fellow AMG's I picked up my C63 on Thursday from Mercedes Bath, its a polar white 2013 with 13000 miles on the clock. WOW what a car and the sound is totally awesome even better in real life than watching thousands of videos on You Tube:D
I just hope i never get bored of the sound, even the blip of throttle on start up,love it.The neighbors can get rid of there alarm clocks now as i get them all up at 6.30 when i go to work.:D
Its funny my brother has a V8 M3 and has just organized some block to come over next week and cut open the back box and do some kind of mod to make it sound better.as mine makes his sound like a Nissan Micra in comparison.

I've just had my secondary cats removed there's no sound like it really it's amazing

I've just had my secondary cats removed there's no sound like it really it's amazing
obviously we need a video of this.:D is it not too loud with cats removed as i don't want to spoil the car or get any drone.
I used to have a BMW E46 with a Milltek and it was terrible, the drone was uncomfortable at 25000rpm so ditched it back to a standard one.

Its funny my brother has a V8 M3 and has just organized some block to come over next week and cut open the back box and do some kind of mod to make it sound better.as mine makes his sound like a Nissan Micra in comparison.

Congrats on your purchase now get ready to visit a petrol station frequently. You won't get bored of the sound. I can refer to the sound as my brother has rs4 b8 and it makes his sound like a micra, so he's had it decatted to make it sound better lol.

You can't go wrong with a second cat bypass sounds awesome little louder on start up. No drone and sounds same at crushing speed. But above 4000rpm and up shifts are fantastic. It even pops and cracks slightly when in comfort mode as your coming to a stop I.e down a slip road on motorway. Just taken My bypass off to save for the ipe exhaust.

There is no drone at all only when the right boot is planted its a really nice sound. If your on Instagram check out Msl performances account the video is on there

obviously we need a video of this.:D is it not too loud with cats removed as i don't want to spoil the car or get any drone.
I used to have a BMW E46 with a Milltek and it was terrible, the drone was uncomfortable at 25000rpm so ditched it back to a standard one.

This is a 507 with gutted secondary cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxL8UYxfxQ&feature=youtu.be

If you have your car remapped, this is what it will sound like.

I had my secondary cats gutted and a Eurocharged remap and it's even more amazing to drive now.

Enjoy.

Congrats on your purchase now get ready to visit a petrol station frequently. You won't get bored of the sound. I can refer to the sound as my brother has rs4 b8 and it makes his sound like a micra, so he's had it decatted to make it sound better lol.

You can't go wrong with a second cat bypass sounds awesome little louder on start up. No drone and sounds same at crushing speed. But above 4000rpm and up shifts are fantastic. It even pops and cracks slightly when in comfort mode as your coming to a stop I.e down a slip road on motorway. Just taken My bypass off to save for the ipe exhaust.

Visits to the petrol station wont be a problem as there is one just down the road from me,:D but i am aware that ill be on first name terms with the cashier in there after a month.:D
I think i will have to go in a car with the cat bypass mod before i make that decision.if i didn't like it though is it a case of just refitting them.?

40F73461-EAD9-4B6E-B07E-48ABE4D700E4_zpsnscseuia.jpg

i am having my secondary cats on my c63 deleted tomorrow, the question i have is how much difference will the remap make to the sound?

mattmeyler19 said:
i am having my secondary cats on my c63 deleted tomorrow, the question i have is how much difference will the remap make to the sound?

The answer to your question is a lot. With a Eurocharged remap, you get more induction roar due to the throttle flaps opening fully, not the 80-85% they open on an un-mapped car.

Search YouTube for C63 507 secondary cat delete for an idea of what it will sound like with a remap.

Nice looking car...enjoy it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thanks, there are some mods i would like to do, change wheels from 18 to 19 in black, there are few styles Ive got my eye on,and maybe a black grill too.

Green as we speak. Very very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom