Picked up my Merc today

Andy W

Active Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
401
Location
Stoke on Trent
Car
ML 270 cdi
Well the day arrived, I have been so excited all week waiting for the day to come, I picked up my C180 this afternoon from the dealership, I had convinced myself that it would be underpowered and I would be dissapointed, not at all, I drive a diesel turbo van for a living and the wifes Micra other times, the C180 is responsive, pulls away from roundabouts and traffic lights effortlessly and I love the kick down of the auto box (first auto owned) first impressions of ownership, chuffed to bits !

Thought I would share it with you all.
 

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 21, 2002
Messages
6,283
Location
East Midlands
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Originally posted by Andy W
Well the day arrived, I have been so excited all week waiting for the day to come, I picked up my C180 this afternoon from the dealership, I had convinced myself that it would be underpowered and I would be dissapointed, not at all, I drive a diesel turbo van for a living and the wifes Micra other times, the C180 is responsive, pulls away from roundabouts and traffic lights effortlessly and I love the kick down of the auto box (first auto owned) first impressions of ownership, chuffed to bits !

Thought I would share it with you all.

Is this a "New C180"?????

If so are you not supposed to be "Running It In" ie NO KICK DOWN or Mad acceleration for 1500 miles?????:confused: :confused:

Anyway Congratulations and good driving M8.:bannana: :bannana:
 

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
4,323
Location
Berkshire & London
Car
GLE63s Coupe + SL55 + BMW Cab
Your on that slippery slope now, This might be your first but it wont be your last!!!!

Congrats and enjoy...
 

olikea

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
36
Doesn't the 180 actually have a 2.0 litre engine? Rather like the the 318 has a 2.0?

I can't remember the last time badge numbers actually refferred to engine capacity, its rather like the model numbers you get on Athlons, they don't tell you what it actually is because "it performs like something else" LOL
 

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Messages
1,402
Location
East Northants
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
Originally posted by olikea
Doesn't the 180 actually have a 2.0 litre engine? Rather like the the 318 has a 2.0?

Nope, I just checked my V5 and it's 1799cc.
 

olikea

Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
36
Originally posted by Simon
Nope, I just checked my V5 and it's 1799cc.

LOL, Mercedes seem to be playing the numbers game at the mo. I have a C180K on order. I noticed both the C200K and C230K both use a 1.8 supercharged engine, in different states of tune.

But to go from C180K (143bhp) to C200K(163bhp) costs an extra £1500 !

Ditto for the C230K

I think we are being had by MB!
 

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
3,241
Location
Wales, U.K.
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Congratz Andy!! Glad your happy with your new purchase :) :cool: So are there any pictures posted on the forum so we can see your new pride and joy?

S.
 
OP
OP
Andy W

Andy W

Active Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
401
Location
Stoke on Trent
Car
ML 270 cdi
This weekend we intend to go on a long run, out for lunch I told the missus, really for me to have a play, but the missus loves the car as much as me, it has amazed me just how much power it makes, I am astonished after driving a diesel van. Pictures will be taken this weekend and posted soon. Watch this space.
 

weebobster

Active Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
196
Location
NI
Car
C220 cdi
Congratulations mate! I took delivery of my first Benz a fortnight ago (a year old c220 CDi) and fully understand what you meant about being chuffed to bits. I love it and just now that your smile will last forever! Enjoy mate!
 

joe

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
264
Location
Liverpool
Car
W203
Congratulations Andy,
I remember buying my First Merc, (1997 C180 Elegance)
I had a smile from ear to ear...I thought i would need plastic surgery to remove it.
I never found it to be underpowered despite all the reviews.
I think your driving style changes...no more boy racing from lights....lol (or is it me getting old?)

Anyway.......many happy years enjoying the merc (and the next one)

Joe
 
OP
OP
Andy W

Andy W

Active Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
401
Location
Stoke on Trent
Car
ML 270 cdi
Picked up the car on Friday, I have covered 375 miles this weekend and loved every minute of it, despite all my worries I can honestly say, to me that car is not underpowered.
 

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
9,755
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Originally posted by Andy W
Picked up the car on Friday, I have covered 375 miles this weekend and loved every minute of it, despite all my worries I can honestly say, to me that car is not underpowered.

I've done some treking about this weekend too, trying to kick start my social life :eek:

Realised I have used approx £90 of fuel in last two days :(
 

mw_C32

Active Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
920
Location
Northants
Well Done Andy.
I,ve had mine for four months now and still chuffed.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
Hope you have as much enjoyment out of your as I have so far from mine.
I still get a buzz looking down at that 3 pointed star and the feel of quality.GREAT.:D :D :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom