Picked up my Merc today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy W

Car
ML 270 cdi
Well the day arrived, I have been so excited all week waiting for the day to come, I picked up my C180 this afternoon from the dealership, I had convinced myself that it would be underpowered and I would be dissapointed, not at all, I drive a diesel turbo van for a living and the wifes Micra other times, the C180 is responsive, pulls away from roundabouts and traffic lights effortlessly and I love the kick down of the auto box (first auto owned) first impressions of ownership, chuffed to bits !

Thought I would share it with you all.

Originally posted by Andy W
Well the day arrived, I have been so excited all week waiting for the day to come, I picked up my C180 this afternoon from the dealership, I had convinced myself that it would be underpowered and I would be dissapointed, not at all, I drive a diesel turbo van for a living and the wifes Micra other times, the C180 is responsive, pulls away from roundabouts and traffic lights effortlessly and I love the kick down of the auto box (first auto owned) first impressions of ownership, chuffed to bits !

Thought I would share it with you all.

Is this a "New C180"?????

If so are you not supposed to be "Running It In" ie NO KICK DOWN or Mad acceleration for 1500 miles?????:confused: :confused:

Anyway Congratulations and good driving M8.:bannana: :bannana:

Your on that slippery slope now, This might be your first but it wont be your last!!!!

Congrats and enjoy...

Doesn't the 180 actually have a 2.0 litre engine? Rather like the the 318 has a 2.0?

I can't remember the last time badge numbers actually refferred to engine capacity, its rather like the model numbers you get on Athlons, they don't tell you what it actually is because "it performs like something else" LOL

Originally posted by olikea
Doesn't the 180 actually have a 2.0 litre engine? Rather like the the 318 has a 2.0?

Nope, I just checked my V5 and it's 1799cc.

Originally posted by Simon
Nope, I just checked my V5 and it's 1799cc.

LOL, Mercedes seem to be playing the numbers game at the mo. I have a C180K on order. I noticed both the C200K and C230K both use a 1.8 supercharged engine, in different states of tune.

But to go from C180K (143bhp) to C200K(163bhp) costs an extra £1500 !

Ditto for the C230K

I think we are being had by MB!

Congratz Andy!! Glad your happy with your new purchase :) :cool: So are there any pictures posted on the forum so we can see your new pride and joy?

S.

This weekend we intend to go on a long run, out for lunch I told the missus, really for me to have a play, but the missus loves the car as much as me, it has amazed me just how much power it makes, I am astonished after driving a diesel van. Pictures will be taken this weekend and posted soon. Watch this space.

Congratulations mate! I took delivery of my first Benz a fortnight ago (a year old c220 CDi) and fully understand what you meant about being chuffed to bits. I love it and just now that your smile will last forever! Enjoy mate!

Congratulations Andy,
I remember buying my First Merc, (1997 C180 Elegance)
I had a smile from ear to ear...I thought i would need plastic surgery to remove it.
I never found it to be underpowered despite all the reviews.
I think your driving style changes...no more boy racing from lights....lol (or is it me getting old?)

Anyway.......many happy years enjoying the merc (and the next one)

Joe

Picked up the car on Friday, I have covered 375 miles this weekend and loved every minute of it, despite all my worries I can honestly say, to me that car is not underpowered.

Originally posted by Andy W
Picked up the car on Friday, I have covered 375 miles this weekend and loved every minute of it, despite all my worries I can honestly say, to me that car is not underpowered.

I've done some treking about this weekend too, trying to kick start my social life :eek:

Realised I have used approx £90 of fuel in last two days :(

Well Done Andy.
I,ve had mine for four months now and still chuffed.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
Hope you have as much enjoyment out of your as I have so far from mine.
I still get a buzz looking down at that 3 pointed star and the feel of quality.GREAT.:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom