Picked up my new SL tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
What a wonderful car!
Perfect inside and out, and no more miles on the clock than on Friday.

Looks good, sounds good, and rides good. Ride is not as good as the CL, but then that had ABC suspension. Engine sounds good for a V6 and the roof is amazing!

I'll write up a comparison between it and the CL shortly and post some pictures.

Unfortuantly I don't have the car at the moment, it's in Reading having some 'mods' done already! Pick it up tomorrow evening and then I can start putting the miles on :D :D :D

Congratulations !!

Look forward to chasing you down the autobahn in a few weeks :D

What mods are you having done ALREADY ? !

S.

:bannana: :cool: :bannana: :rock:
I'll be in the queue behind you with sym on the german trip :D

I'm intrigued as to what mods you're having done.

The main thing is... it's good to hear you are so pleased with the car after the shock of seeing it demoed to others at the weekend.

Can't wait to see it ;) (pics and in the flesh)

S.

All will be reviled tomorrow :D (no mods to drastic! )

Here's one picture I managed to take tonight, but it really was too dark.

speedo.jpg

Amasing dude , hope you enjoy it ;)

hehe :bannana: i want one :)

Congrats Mate!!!

I'm very jealous - reckon the SL is my all-round favourite car!!!!

Look forward to seeing it a GTG one day......

Enjoy it, and please get some more pictures and a write up posted ASAP so I can dream as well!

Cheers.

Enjoy, Maff, I know I would!!

Did you take the matter of the demo and high delivery mileage any further when you picked it up??

Cheers, Jukie

Cheers Guys!

The salesman I was dealing with called first thing on Monday and appologised on behalf of greenoaks and the salesman that was showing a customer the car. I checked last night and no more miles etc had been put on it.

I could have taken the matter further, but they did appologise plenty of times to me. Doubt I would have got much out of them anyway!

Car's still at the Gararge in Reading. They called and I wont collect it until Thursday afternoon now. Still, intime for the weekends GTG :D

Still giving away no clue's on what your having done? Come on Maff tell us!

Glad you have the car now, big permanent Grin eh.

See you Saturday Maff, then you can tell all mate.:bannana: :bannana:

Enjoy mate :)

..but its not fair, I cant get to the GTG and am therefore going to have to wait for a post next week to hear what mods yo have done hehehehehe

Bob

Not wheels (unfortuantly)

Here's a clue... Same mod thats been done to Koolvins car and Wheelies..........

All I can think of is Tints . . . but don't think Vin has got them, so can't be ! :confused: :confused:

s.

Originally posted by sym
All I can think of is Tints . . . but don't think Vin has got them, so can't be ! :confused: :confused:

s.
I reckon you're right sym :) I think Matt's getting tinted windows.

S.

Originally posted by smartbrabus
Pentagon auto-tint perchance? I know they used to have a place up in Reading...

Correct. :D :D :cool:

Welcome to the SL Team!

Congrats Matt...enjoy. Tinted windows...sounds interesting on an SL - I look forward to seeing that one...

Great car - I enjoy mine as much now as a year ago the roof is very cool (although mine needs to be checked for rattling slightly now!).

Whens the German trip....

DB1

Originally posted by Maff
Correct. :D :D :cool:
Any chance of a brief review at some point (eg. service, results, cost etc) as I will be looking to get mine done at some point, and Reading is not far from me. Had them done at Sutton Autoshades on my old car and the results weren't all that brilliant.

Next stop Carlsson for the supercharger upgrade? :D

Window tints

Hi Guys,

I've just registered on MBClub (sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place I've been reading about the new SL that was being tinted at Pentagon). I've just picked up an A160 AvantGarde for the wife (to be her 1st anniversary present) and I've actually got it booked in at Pentagon Reading next week, I'm still trying to figure out what level tint to get.

The car is Solid Black (think it's called Galaxy black) and has the AMG star wheels. I was thinking of light smoke, the guys at Pentagon suggested Light smoke on the sides and Smoke on the rear screen to darken it more from the back.

I just don't want it to look like a drug dealers car dark tints can look too severe - any thoughts? The tint shades look pretty similar when you look at the samples, have a look at www.pentagonglasstech.com if you're interested to see what I mean - help!

Cheers

Naj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom