Picked up new Coupe (pic heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stunning car!! Congratulations!!

Been back to the dealer as I got a low coolant warning after about 210 miles - they topped it up, I think they did it wrong during PDI as there was evidence of spilt coolant in my engine before that - getting used to poor PDIs as my C63 saloon had no undertrays on it way back when I first got that.

Am now 500 miles in after a trip to see some friends in Bristol but other than that I have not been out in it much as busy with work and poor weather means I jump in the trusty station car park Polo atm - anyway gave it a clean today - some more pics as requested - its a real head turner - still very happy so far:

image1_zps38lxrqgg.jpg

6667EAF3-6093-4319-9B89-3A66CFBC2E32_zps5iftx2jh.jpg

Martin did this one :)

34765C62-9526-4303-AD8E-D3044B119250_zpsen4d4r3g.jpg

52B547F9-3088-4306-A167-3A606382236C_zpseofcnqiu.jpg

C36D9B5A-EE3D-4232-8FA5-9D5A4CA0E500_zpsukjlffv5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mate .

Glad you're happier with this one ,as I recall you telling me you regretted selling your W204 when I came to collect the tyres off you last year and you wasn't 100% with the new C63 !

I must say it does look rather nice .

Enjoy .

Yes indeed, swapping my 507 for the saloon was after all a mistake as it only lasted 7 months - it was way too Q car for me with a few annoying niggles so I couldn't gel with it - the new Coupe though, other than not having the 6.2 engine, even though the 4.0 is still amazing in its own right, is way ahead of the older Coupe - just my opinion though as I loved my 507.

The new Coupe is a worthy successor for sure.

Dunc

Not been able to use the car too much but just got it out of the garage, 640 miles so far, to receive a low coolant message again - nothing on garage floor but coolant has gone down by half and there is evidence of coolant leakage from some pipes under the coolant tank, probably all collected in my undertray - bit peed off about that really as now my new car is probably going to have to be taken apart to find the leak - PoS

Not been able to use the car too much but just got it out of the garage, 640 miles so far, to receive a low coolant message again - nothing on garage floor but coolant has gone down by half and there is evidence of coolant leakage from some pipes under the coolant tank, probably all collected in my undertray - bit peed off about that really as now my new car is probably going to have to be taken apart to find the leak - PoS

That's annoying (and a tad concerning), I hope the issue gets sorted pdq.

Was yours on time? I ordered mine (selenite grey) in November and my April delivery time has already moved out to May.

Great pics btw. Nearly went for the Edition 1 but settled for a Premium S spec.

Hi OP , lovely car!! Congrats

I'm in the process of ordering a C63s at the moment - the one thing that worries me Is the comfort of the performance seats as it's my daily driver! - what do you think ? Im 6ft and a solid 16 stone ....

Last edited:
I have the standard C63s saloon model. Does anyone know if you can get the rear bottom and front bumper sides black aero tweaks to retro fit. I've seen them in carbon fibre but not willing to pay £750 for them. Like the gloss black one in this one. Looks ace.

I'm 6'5 with boots on and 17st. Plenty of room in the saloon. Seats are perfect. its my daily car, school runs, work etc. 4 months in I have zero regrets. If I could point out some area of improvements though:

1. £71k and no heated front window. Unless I can't find the button, this is ridiculous.
2. Rear seats are too narrow for child booster seats to get to the belt sockets without the kids having to move the seats around each time they get in.

It's an awesome machine. Enjoy.

That's stunning. Congrats :)

I'm 6'5 with boots on and 17st. Plenty of room in the saloon. Seats are perfect. its my daily car, school runs, work etc. 4 months in I have zero regrets. If I could point out some area of improvements though:

1. £71k and no heated front window. Unless I can't find the button, this is ridiculous.
2. Rear seats are too narrow for child booster seats to get to the belt sockets without the kids having to move the seats around each time they get in.

It's an awesome machine. Enjoy.

Hi

Have you got the recaro type performance seats ?

I'm getting a coupe so I don't have to take the kids in the back , we have a vclass mobile skip/sweet transportation device for them - no kids in daddy's car !!

Last edited:
Hi

Have you got the recaro type performance seats ?

I'm getting a coupe so I don't have to take the kids in the back , we have a vclass mobile skip/sweet transportation device for them - no kids in daddy's car !!
Yes mate. The AMG bucket seats with integrated head rest.

That's annoying (and a tad concerning), I hope the issue gets sorted pdq.

Was yours on time? I ordered mine (selenite grey) in November and my April delivery time has already moved out to May.

Great pics btw. Nearly went for the Edition 1 but settled for a Premium S spec.

Yes was on time, i was quoted early January delivery and it arrived end of January - I ordered it in September. I wouldn't take my issue as a general concern.

Last edited:
Hi OP , lovely car!! Congrats

I'm in the process of ordering a C63s at the moment - the one thing that worries me Is the comfort of the performance seats as it's my daily driver! - what do you think ? Im 6ft and a solid 16 stone ....

I am 6 2/3" the seats are fine - not perfect but fine

Dropped my car off for investigation into the coolant leak, they gave me a S Class which is very nice internally as it has the digital cockpit, and drives superb although its not quite an AMG - S350d:

A233E231-7D79-44BF-AC3B-E2361BD35631_zpsjfzif5k6.jpg

74F34FA7-0FDF-43F7-8797-E902B2574008_zpshs1mv8n5.jpg

52885F7A-DA87-4FAA-9193-585C4EB21E51_zpskccrrrgv.jpg

Also popped to BMW today to pick up some parts for my M3 :):

20E03917-BA6F-4402-8A80-3901D3B46EDF_zpsdg0blf5t.jpg

Dunc

It's a great looking car

Dropped mine at the dealership due to coolant leak yesterday although I just checked the MercedesMe app (just in case!) and the app says my car is unlocked and the doors and windows are open - weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom