Picking up approved nearly new. Did I get a good deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Isa0324

Car
E350d coupe
Hi guys. I'm due to pick up a 18plate Mercedes e class e350 coupe with a premium plus package(approved) 47 miles on the clock. At a main dealer
So basically new in my eyes.
It has full digital dash . I have got it for just under 37k ( going to Scotland from london) .. looking on auto trader at the moment I can't find one less then 42k and that's with 10k miles and not with digital dashboard.

I got it on PCP finance and on a 36 months with 2k deposit at 7.64% fixed 7.9% APR. On 10k miles annum.

I got this down from 9.49%fixed and 9.9 APR

At first I was planning on handing it back after the 3 years but I'm edging of keeping it . As in my eyes if it I love the car in them 3 years and treat it well with the intention of keeping it at the end it would do me well for at least the next 6-7years.

I was due to pick it up today but last minute I was told there was a slight scuff on bumper that would need to be sorted which is fair enough so rearranged for next week.

My flight ticket said would be refunded by them Mercedes Benz.

My question is did I get a decent deal on the Interest rate or could I have lowered it more.

And lastly do I have any ground to stand on to ask for some sort minor compensation for reschedule of delivery or am I pushing it ? And what could I actually ask for ? I.e full tank of diesel ??

Thank you

P.s so excited

Hi

Seems like a good deal on the price. Drive the deal are offering a brand new one for 41k, so nearly 8k off. Drive the deal show 6.4% APR on the PCP though.

Discounted New UK MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS COUPE E350 AMG Line Premium Plus 2dr 9G-Tronic

I had a look at that. The options you can include are a bit limited. It doesn't let you add the premium plus package or digital dashboard... and the representative APR I have noticed in general never seem to be what is advertised...

Yep, that sounds like a great deal! :) And what a fantastic motor! :) Don't forget plenty of pics when you get it. :D

I don't know whether it's a good deal or not but I would wonder where an 18 plate car with only 47 miles on the clock has been sitting for the past year and the reason why.

I don't know whether it's a good deal or not but I would wonder where an 18 plate car with only 47 miles on the clock has been sitting for the past year and the reason why.

It is a showroom demo car used for test drives . Just been put up for sale recently as been searching for a car these past 10-12months

It is a showroom demo car used for test drives . Just been put up for sale recently as been searching for a car these past 10-12months

. I have got it for just under 37k ( going to Scotland from london) .. looking on auto trader at the moment I can't find one less then 42k and that's with 10k miles and not with digital dashboard.

I got it on PCP finance and on a 36 months with 2k deposit at 7.64% fixed 7.9% APR. On 10k miles annum.

My question is did I get a decent deal on the Interest rate or could I have lowered it more.

You didn't pay ~37K.

You paid 2k + monthly payment x 36 (for the pleasure of driving it for 36 months) or 2k + monthly payment x 36 + balloon to own it - if you are happy with that, then you got a good deal.

Don't start second guessing yourself just enjoy the car.:)

You didn't pay ~37K.

You paid 2k + monthly payment x 36 (for the pleasure of driving it for 36 months) or 2k + monthly payment x 36 + balloon to own it - if you are happy with that, then you got a good deal.

Don't start second guessing yourself just enjoy the car.

Sad but true; they make the money on finance here;
did you have the option to buy it for £37k as a one off payment?

Whatever - still a very nice car which I'm sure and hope you will much enjoy :)

Interest rate is a bit saucy.

So in 12 months as a demonstrator being used for test drives it did 47 miles ?

So in 12 months as a demonstrator being used for test drives it did 47 miles ?

So Whats Your thinking behind it?
In general I have noticed Cars Are a lot cheaper in scotland then where im From which is London. I bought a Used Merc 6 Years ago in scotland I got it 1k Cheaper then What I Would Of paid Around Where I am. ( It was My first Car) Small little A Class. Memories.

Sad but true; they make the money on finance here;
did you have the option to buy it for £37k as a one off payment?

Whatever - still a very nice car which I'm sure and hope you will much enjoy :)

I have The option To Pay in Cash however I Prefer to Keep My Money In the Saving ( Yes I know 'Interest' Charges) The Way I see it I Paying 10% of my Monthly Income After Tax. Which I prefer More And Doesn't Hurt Us much As the 37k In one Go.

But Yeah Your right I need to stop second guessing myself. It is my First Luxury Car purchase and am a bit Nervous.

They Sent me a personalised Video and it was absolutely Stunning. Fell In love. . Can Not Wait for the Day to arrive to Pick it up.
I will Post a Video On here. When I get It.

Interest rate is a bit saucy.
Sarcasm ??

I think that the dealer has to keep the car for a certain number of months before they can sell it on... regardless of whether they are car gets used or not.

So Whats Your thinking behind it?

I'm really not sure but it does seem rather a long time for a dealer to have a very expensive lump of metal sitting around doing nothing other than depreciating.

They are in the business of shifting stock and I would wonder why it has taken them a year to sell this particular car.

I'm really not sure but it does seem rather a long time for a dealer to have a very expensive lump of metal sitting around doing nothing other than depreciating.

They are in the business of shifting stock and I would wonder why it has taken them a year to sell this particular car.

I understand where your coming from but it has NOT been on for sale for 12 months??
At the end of may ( next month) it would of been a full year from date of first registration. I have only noticed the ad on auto trader on these past 2-3 weeks and have been searching cars on auto trader for the past year every day looking at different brands and models.. ( I had a few germans on the shortlist) as stated by the dealer it is a showroom/demo car which has been used only for test drives.
Asked a friend that works at Audi and he said it's perfectly normal.

Never ask the question *after* you signed up for the car!

It's like airline tickets. No matter how good a deal you think you got - if you talk about it somebody will have got a better deal. that's life.

P.s so excited

Nice feeling.

Couple of suggestions. Check on the car's service and repair history. Ask them for it. Ask specifically if they have done any work on it. As you're travelling far and won't just be able to pop back to the dealer - find an inspection sheet on the internet and print it out before you travel. Then go over the car in detail before accepting it. Tick off every panel on the sheet after you check it. Check every body panel and all the upholstry and ask take it for a test drive and check for rattles or anything that gives you a bad feeling.

That sounds negative - the car will probably be great.

But given the distance you would have to travel back to the dealer if there was a problem then it's better to deal with it before you drive away. In theory if it's an AU car then you should be able to go to any dealer. In practice it's better to get problems identified and acknowledged by the dealer you bought it from. If there's something minor that is acknowledged then it's better to get them to organise a dealer local to you to sort - rather than you discover it later and then work through your local dealer.

Never ask the question *after* you signed up for the car!

It's like airline tickets. No matter how good a deal you think you got - if you talk about it somebody will have got a better deal. that's life.

Nice feeling.

Couple of suggestions. Check on the car's service and repair history. Ask them for it. Ask specifically if they have done any work on it. As you're travelling far and won't just be able to pop back to the dealer - find an inspection sheet on the internet and print it out before you travel. Then go over the car in detail before accepting it. Tick off every panel on the sheet after you check it. Check every body panel and all the upholstry and ask take it for a test drive and check for rattles or anything that gives you a bad feeling.

That sounds negative - the car will probably be great.

But given the distance you would have to travel back to the dealer if there was a problem then it's better to deal with it before you drive away. In theory if it's an AU car then you should be able to go to any dealer. In practice it's better to get problems identified and acknowledged by the dealer you bought it from. If there's something minor that is acknowledged then it's better to get them to organise a dealer local to you to sort - rather than you discover it later and then work through your local dealer.

Picked up the car yesterday and have done already over 500miles. It ticked all the boxes. Touch wood everything is great so far.. I totally agree with you I shouldn't be asking the question did I get a good deal! If you like something go for it. Everyone has different views.

However I did have a mini panic moment when I stopped for diesel after 200miles and the orange engine light came on. Little research on the internet... I didn't close the fuel cap properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom