Picking up CLS tomorrow, much excitement :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stig2082

Car
CLS 350 Shooting Brake and a cheeky TVR Chimera
First if all thanks for all the advice and tips - this is a very friendly and helpful forum.

Well the day has arrived, picking the CLS (320 CDI, 08, facelift, good spec) up tomorrow morning. Will wave a sad goodbye to the W211 Estate 320cdi (04). It has been a superbly reliable and wonderful car - coping with all manner of crap which the twins have thrown at it for the last 6 years. It has whisked up across Europe on numerous occasions, never missing a beat. A great motor.

However, have a chance to swap into a CLS which I'm rather excited about. Will report back tomorrow on first impressions :)

Cheers!

This thread will be useless without pics.

I've been fancying the same sort of swap, did you get a good deal on these "hard" times

excellent, enjoy.

I've been fancying the same sort of swap, did you get a good deal on these "hard" times
Hi,

Yes, got a very good deal in my view. Buying from a MB main dealer who offered a surprisingly sensible price on mine, and the CLS I'm buying was competitively priced from the outset. Also managed to negotiate a bit. Had thought I was going to have to go down the private sell and buy route, but saved all the hassle ( done it many times before) and have the reassurance of the MB used warranty.

Regards

^Sounding good even before you have picked it up. Drive up in one and off in the other, nothing sweeter.

Well done you - ask the dealer to print off the datacard which will give you the factory build spec.

Great fun seeing what options the car was built with.

Well done you - ask the dealer to print off the datacard which will give you the factory build spec.

Great fun seeing what options the car was built with.
Cheers, did that, and enjoyed going through it. Though the sunroof and reversing camera quoted in the advert were not on the data card so interested to see if it has them or not!

^Sounding good even before you have picked it up. Drive up in one and off in the other, nothing sweeter.
have usually gone down the private buy and sell route, so this is rare pleasure!

Cheers, did that, and enjoyed going through it. Though the sunroof and reversing camera quoted in the advert were not on the data card so interested to see if it has them or not!

Have you not seen/driven the car :confused:.

There's no sunroof in those photos.

probably not as no sunroof on that car

Have you not seen/driven the car :confused:.

There's no sunroof in those photos.
Appreciate it sounds bonkers, but seeing it tomorrow for first time as simply haven't had a chance to get there and if anything is wrong will not proceed. Have driven same model before and it's approved used MB which come with comprehensive warranty etc. Will let you know if this is a good policy or not!

Good luck tomorrow!! have fun driving it! :)

First if all thanks for all the advice and tips - this is a very friendly and helpful forum.

Well the day has arrived, picking the CLS (320 CDI, 08, facelift, good spec) up tomorrow morning. Will wave a sad goodbye to the W211 Estate 320cdi (04). It has been a superbly reliable and wonderful car - coping with all manner of crap which the twins have thrown at it for the last 6 years. It has whisked up across Europe on numerous occasions, never missing a beat. A great motor.

However, have a chance to swap into a CLS which I'm rather excited about. Will report back tomorrow on first impressions :)

Cheers!

Good luck with the new car ; hope you enjoy it .

This thread will be useless without pics.

Give the bloke a chance,he hasn't got the car yet-nice contribution to the thread:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom