Picking up new car tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozRB25

Car
E55, R33, Scirocco & CBR1000RR
Hi folks hope you are all well!
I desperately need some advice to put my mind at ease please!
I'm picking up a 2008 C280 tomorrow, it has 54,000 miles on the clock and is backed up by a full Mercedes main dealer service history.
After doing a bit of research I've come across the Balance Shaft Gear issues in W204 info! :confused:
Obviously now I'm panicking a fair bit, is there any way somebody could tell me if the engine number in mine will be part of the infected batch?
Any help would be extremely appreciated!:(

Vin number is WDD2040542A184547 and engine number 272947 30 996714

Thank you!

Hi!

I have a C280 with that M271 engine. I don't know if yours is in the infected batch or not, but I'd imagine not given the age. Mine's a 57 plate, so on the border of the change. I don't know if mine is, but it's at 93,000 so more likely to be at fault than yours, and I've hardly given it an easy time in the last 10,000 miles, It's been well looked after, but it's just so enjoyable, I tend to make the most of it whenever possible. :)

It's a lovely engine, so good look with the purchase. :)

Hi!

I have a C280 with that M271 engine. I don't know if yours is in the infected batch or not, but I'd imagine not given the age. Mine's a 57 plate, so on the border of the change. I don't know if mine is, but it's at 93,000 so more likely to be at fault than yours, and I've hardly given it an easy time in the last 10,000 miles, It's been well looked after, but it's just so enjoyable, I tend to make the most of it whenever possible. :)

It's a lovely engine, so good look with the purchase. :)

Thanks for the reply!
It's good to hear yours is still going strong. I guess I'll just have to try and put it at the back of my mind and just enjoy he car!

I believe only M272 engines up to 30 468993 are affected by the balance shaft issue, so yours should be OK.

There are many info sources on the web for this - try looking for 'Mercedes Balance shaft TSB'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom