Picking up on Saturday!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
Hi all! My name is Stefan and I am picking up my c63 amg coupe this Saturday. Have waited 1 month since placing the deposit and cant WAIT!!

Past cars 4 M3's 2 Golf R's and a Nissan GTR. Always had the itch to scratch with the c63 so very exited, and looking forward to being as helpful to you guys and girls as you will to me.

To kick things of I had a quote to replace the front discs and pads (parts only) These are the none PP ones.

Have had a few varied prices from MB

Front discs at £479, pads at £192
Rear discs at £195, pads at £136
To me these don't seem like the price of the normal discs and pads.

I have also had a quote for £55 for the front discs and £190 for the rear discs. Weird because fronts are always more expensive. Mercedes don't seem to be able to make there mind up as to the right price, so does anyone here know what the correct one is?!

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forum.
Have I read that correctly and they are fitted prices? If so, I would be haggling because to replace the discs, the pads have to come out anyway so should not incur any extra labour. Or am I missing something?

Welcome to the forum.

Why did you give up on the GT-R out of interest?

Hi Stefan - I did the same, switching from an R35 to a C63 coupe. Like you, I had the itch. I loved the C63. Amazing car! If like me, you use both cars on a daily basis, you might find yourself comparing the two on the familiar route to work etc. I have to say, and please don't let this put you off, the GTR will always have that edge but in reality they are two completely different beasts and the noise from the C63....well, it made up for the little minor niggles I had. So yes, enjoy it mate it's a noisy fast ferocious animal and I'm sure you'll love it! ...... and welcome by the way, any questions you have re Mercedes, the guys and girls on here are very helpful.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your warm welcome and replies! owen009 I sold it because I was absolutely fed up of looking like a boy racer, its the feeling the car gave me, no matter how quick it was I just couldn't help feeling like I was 17 again in my Honda civic just a quicker one, that's why it went. Luckily I have an e46 m3 CSL which I use for my fun so I don't miss it much!
Basically what I am after is to replace front discs and pads on the car but Mercedes don't seem to have one set price like you would assume and just wondered if anyone had changed them recently and had a price!

Supaer: I had a feeling you'd say that about the GTR. But even after Top Gear drove it over in Oz a few weeks back to much acclaim - the GTR is going to become an ICON in future leaving the nebulus C63 a blot on the landscape by comparison.
I fully understand your thoughts and it is a shame Nissan fed the GTR on testosterone because that was the only reason I didn't buy one. What a magnificent engineering work of art though eh?
Watch you haven't swung completely the other way now - driving a car which looks as if Grandpa is having a "Junior" moment !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom