Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A question...

If the dealer said: "Ever so sorry, our mistake - we shouldn't have listed those options on the advert. We can't add them, so would you like you're money back?"

...what would you do?

Not sure.

My feeling is I have paid plus 30k, they only reduced sticker price by about a few hundred pounds to make me sign on that day.

Although some people/dealers say "no profit in selling this car gov" am sure they are making cash selling these motors.

The missing options new price is about 5% of price I have paid for the car.

So Guess keeping the customer happy, I hope/expect MB to just refund the exact amount of the options, I can then decide to get them fitted at my local MB dealer or buy some bank shares with it ???

You cannot compare new price of options on a used car, thats just plain silly.

Value of options become negligible as soon as a new car leaves the forecourt. Only valueable options are things like Navigation, Panoramic Sunroof etc...

Yes , i found this strange too. :crazy:

Ejector seat ? Debbie does Dallas-o-matic fitted in drivers footwell ?

I have mentioned saturday pick up and paying over 30k, that's enough I think.

It's just finding out what MB will do/offer when I pick it up.

I guess, I will not be the first customer of MB to have this event, I hope to get a post/info on what MB have done in the past.

Tks for all info so far.....

Oh i get it , you're worried that someone may see the post and come and rob your car ?

Fair enough.

Doubt they'll do anything , suspect that Bobby Dazzlers post will be correct , 'Sorry sir , you can have your money back if you like'

I have mentioned saturday pick up and paying over 30k, that's enough I think.

It's just finding out what MB will do/offer when I pick it up.

I guess, I will not be the first customer of MB to have this event, I hope to get a post/info on what MB have done in the past.

Tks for all info so far.....

It does depend on the options, and how difficult/expensive they are to retro fit.

Without some clue any assistance will be pure speculation, and thus of little value to you.

p.s. It would be sensible to discuss this with the dealer now, if you leave it until the day of collection after they have prepared all the paperwork etc, you will really put their backs up.

I am a car dealer and there is nothing I hate more than customers trying to haggle or get money knocked off for this, that and the other once a deal is agreed.

I'm more intrigued by what the options are and why the OP does not want to tell us. Some sort of James Bond extras perhaps!

To a degree the OP's lack of transparency makes the discussion a bit pointless.

Missing Comand - maybe he has a point.

Auto folding mirrors - not worth bothering about.

Confusion between electric and memory seats - greyer area?

Or what about: Neck scarf missing ? Alloys? CD Changer ? 70l vs 80l fuel tank? 4 zone climate control vs. 2 zone? Air suspension vs 'comfort' suspension vs sports? Bi-xenons vs ordinary headlights?

Unless OP 'fesses up it's a bit of a waste of time other than to suggest he should contact the seller immediately and discuss an outcome.

Has the Mercnut mate checked the right car?

I'll have a stab at parking sensors and memory seats are two of the missing options.

I reckon it's the cupholder and bootlock cover ;)

Seriously I hope you get the right outcome with the dealer. They can't be selling too many used £30k plus motors so must value your wishes if you raise them but as Jay says do it sooner rather than on the day of collection.

Good luck :)

p.s. It would be sensible to discuss this with the dealer now, if you leave it until the day of collection after they have prepared all the paperwork etc, you will really put their backs up.

I am a car dealer and there is nothing I hate more than customers trying to haggle or get money knocked off for this, that and the other once a deal is agreed.

Jay is spot on with this and his previous post on the price of the options. If you want to upset a car dealer this is a good way to do it.

There's more to this post than we know, how can the OP possibly expect any any of us to comment when he is so reluctant to say what the options are or where it was advertised or if they were indeed even present when he viewed it.

Call me cynical but ....................................................

Unless OP 'fesses up it's a bit of a waste of time other than to suggest he should contact the seller immediately and discuss an outcome.

In a nutshell :thumb:.

We're certainly suffering from Blind Spot without the Assist.

Come OP - get off the fence - we're all friends on here - give us the lead up to the problem........

Did you not view the car and compare it's spec to the advert?

Without mentioning the options this thread is useless, check the car out for yourself and if it's not exactly as described then ask for your money back.

I would not leave it till Saturday when they have little time and resources to rectify this issue.

I find it difficult to believe that 3 options are missing from the spec that they've sold you...... Are you sure friend has the right car?

When I worked for MB Newcastle all sold cars were immediately removed from display and put in the compound as soon as a deposit had been taken.

Being too vague over the options & circumstances does nothing for your credibility; get a datacard print out from the key which will show the fitted options.

Be up front with the dealer before handover day, there maybe a requirement for Management input to negotiate and/or authorise, this may not be there on a Saturday. Usually all parties need time to set up a solution, leaving it to the very last minute is a recipe for a disaster, especially on a Saturday when staff are fully stretched and probably stressed.

Recently bought an SLK, MB dealer advertised on the car window a spec which included AMG Body Kit and Alloys, neither were fitted, instead, a raft of other extras were fitted which were not mentioned on the advert, these included Speed Sensitive Steering, Airscarf, Heated Memory Seats (Both), Parktronic Front & Rear, Hard Wired Phone install, Sports Suspension, Rain Sensor, Corner Illumination and Auto Climate.

Moral of the story - Caveat emptor "Let the buyer beware"

Being too vague over the options & circumstances does nothing for your credibility; get a datacard print out from the key which will show the fitted options.

Be up front with the dealer before handover day, there maybe a requirement for Management input to negotiate and/or authorise, this may not be there on a Saturday. Usually all parties need time to set up a solution, leaving it to the very last minute is a recipe for a disaster, especially on a Saturday when staff are fully stretched and probably stressed.

Recently bought an SLK, MB dealer advertised on the car window a spec which included AMG Body Kit and Alloys, neither were fitted, instead, a raft of other extras were fitted which were not mentioned on the advert, these included Speed Sensitive Steering, Airscarf, Heated Memory Seats (Both), Parktronic Front & Rear, Hard Wired Phone install, Sports Suspension, Rain Sensor, Corner Illumination and Auto Climate.

Moral of the story - Caveat emptor "Let the buyer beware"

More importantly, I'm loving your member name - welcome to the forum :thumb:.

I am not an options man, great stuff, but looks like lots £££s.

But I popped into a dealer on the off chance they had a car that suited me.

I found such car.

The car info/details list shows much items/options, I did/do not know which are standard or options on this car.

I had a very quick look over the car, I can see little wear/damage, I agreed to buy the car.

I do expect to get all the listed items on this car, I don't think this is unreasonable, the price I agreed factored in all they information they gave me.

Even if I never like or use the listed features/options, I am sure I will be glad they are fitted when I come to sell it in the future.

Any posts from customers with similar problems most welcome.

Tks for all info so far....VM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom