Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tks all.

I am not an options person. but I must admit they are very nice.

I did not account for all this missing one's, but they were happy I took the car and got an extra better overall value.

I think an extra manager was at the dealer today, maybe an over manager, but I think picking up on a saturday was lucky for me today.

Cheers..VM

There's no need to talk in riddles mate; this isn't the secret service, and we're all your well- wishers... it only serves to alienate oneself!
All the best anyways. :thumb:

There's no need to talk in riddles mate; this isn't the secret service, and we're all your well- wishers... it only serves to alienate oneself!
All the best anyways. :thumb:

Agreed - typical helpful thread, this - OP comes in with a query at 2.41pm, and by the end of the day there are another 50 posts.

OP - the deal on this forum is that we share issues, problems, good news and information. You have been helped. Another forum member might in the future be in a similar position and in turn find it helpful to know the options that were missing from your car, and the ones that they hadn't listed, and what they offered - precedent is often very important in negotiations with dealers.

So - come on, cough up some info! Are you a joiner or a sponger?!!!

Tks all.

I am not an options person. but I must admit they are very nice.

I did not account for all this missing one's, but they were happy I took the car and got an extra better overall value.

I think an extra manager was at the dealer today, maybe an over manager, but I think picking up on a saturday was lucky for me today.

Cheers..VM

Give him a break guys.

Read the above in the appropriate voice and all becomes clear.......
imagesCA7EDOAW.jpg

I think you've just been trolled!

I am not at all interested in the missing/not listed options.

The important message to me here is the sloppy incompetence of the stealer.

:rolleyes:

I am not at all interested in the missing/not listed options.

The important message to me here is the sloppy incompetence of the stealer.

:rolleyes:

i got an approved used 211 a year and a bit ago.

turned out it had been involved in an accident and repaired but not to proper standards (dealer was unaware till i pointed it out).
standards fall short of my 'approved used' expectations?
yup
did the dealer make amends?
yup!!!!!
offered me any car on the mb approved used system.
ended up getting a newer facelift for a fraction more money (much less than list price).
I'm a happy customer now! :D
... a bit like the OP i suspect :)

turned out it had been involved in an accident and repaired but not to proper standards (dealer was unaware till i pointed it out).
yup
yup!!!!!
ended up getting a newer facelift for a fraction more money (much less than list price).

Good for you Rascalmaster, I can tell from your posts that you are on the ball.
:thumb:

But would have happened, if the customer was not so clued up? :(

I think you've just been trolled!

I think to be fair, suspicion was aroused very early on with the non-mention of specific options.

Sometimes genuine posters come across in the same way (lol).

:D

I'm still waiting to find out what these missing options were!

Come on, what's the hold up??

But would have happened, if the customer was not so clued up? :(

Unfortunately, you get stuffed, like with anything you don't know much about but are sourcing and may hit disreputable sellers...

I think anyone with a degree of common sense would compare what they are buying against an advert.

Not all dealers are dishonest of course but this would uncover genuine mistakes too.

Worse-case is you take a print out with you and ask the dealer to show you the options...?

troll+7.jpg

yup
yup!!!!!

The crux here seems to be the word `approved`

Ok, with a back street dealer, you take your chances, but; at an MB dealership, shouldn`t one expect an `approved` car to be spot on, both in condition and description? :(

The crux here seems to be the word `approved`

Ok, with a back street dealer, you take your chances, but; at an MB dealership, shouldn`t one expect an `approved` car to be spot on, both in condition and description? :(

You should, but they aren't.

There's a recent thread on here about an approved used CLK of 2004 being described as Indigolite, including photos showing it's clearly not.

Mistakes get made throughout.

My main dealer recently printed off the items due at my next service, including 229.5 oil, until I pointed out it should be 229.51. Someone had simply typed in the wrong code for the technician to follow.
She covered herself by saying the tech would have spotted it :eek:.

My SL was sold to me (by a main dealer) without the standard wind deflector. I was told it was an option :rolleyes: No first aid kit either.

Actually I completely threw the salesman when I asked to see the hood - he didn't know it had one! I had to explain about taking the hard top off ... seriously!

My SL was sold to me (by a main dealer) without the standard wind deflector. I was told it was an option :rolleyes: No first aid kit either.

Actually I completely threw the salesman when I asked to see the hood - he didn't know it had one! I had to explain about taking the hard top off ... seriously!

That says it all.

The last Merc I bought from an MB dealership was in mid Germany.

The service, the car (250D) and aftercare was superb.

MB here at MK used to be very helpful , but IMO are going South. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom