Pics from AMG Visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saorbust

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI
All,

Some pic's below. V good visit - great fun. The AMG restaurant (owned by the 'A' in the AMG name) is lovely - well worth it.

Spent time touring the engine build area, the customer delivery areas, the safety car areas etc. Amazing stuff. Its so clean !! Takes 3 hours to build a V8, 5 to build a V12, and the SLR engine takes a day. All go through a cold test, and 1 in 100 go through a hot test (the power generated is used to supplement the electricity needed by the factory).

All in all treated extremely well - and now even more jealous of those with an AMG ! We did spy a CL63 AMG being tested - looks and sounds incredible, and also a new C Class, but unfortunately it had the usual black covers so you couldn't really see much of the inside.

They have approximately 10 bad engines in a year, of a run of 20,000 or so. Not bad. And the original house (and garage) where the company started is right in the middle of the premises, and now used as a sales office.

If you get a chance - and you can book it, then I'd do it.

AMG1.jpg

AMG2.jpg

AMG3.jpg

AMG4.jpg

AMG5.jpg

Clarky.

SportsCoupeRich said:
cls with the black wheels looks savage...

Oh yes - its a dream machine. Nothing compared to how it sounded ! The new V8 is just .......:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

They have approximately 10 bad engines in a year, of a run of 20,000 or so. Not bad.

These are just the ones they spot my mates E55 is on its 2nd engine and its only done 12000 miles !!!

But brilliant photos would love to go just need get some time of work !!

Agreed about the CLS on black rims they look sweet !!:devil:

Andy B

Nice one mate great photos...:cool:

A is for Affalterbach where they are made, and also for Aufrecht, who genius displayed.
M is for Melcher the man in the middle;
G is for Grossaspach, where they started to fiddle.
Put them together, it spells AMG
The sexiest motors you ever will see.
The End

By Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom