Pics Of My Door Lock Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBenzino

Car
C300h Estate
Hey guys,

Some of you may have read that I had problems with me rear passenger door recently. It was stuck/locked and wouldn't unlock despite the 'button' popping up and the fact you could here the mechanism working.

First signs of a problem was when the door bounces back when we tried to shut it. After working the remote lock unlock. It shut. And stayed shut! Cars With Stars got it open in the end. They said it looks like something may have broken and got jammed.

Today the door bounced back again!! I'm very frustrated now! Something I thought was solved is back to bother me! I decided to have a closer look whilst it's opening. Here's a pic of the n/a rear lock looking normal:

And now the d/s rear passenger door:

The metal loop thing on the body that the locking mechanism clasps on too has black scuffs on it where it's obviously been rubbing on whatever was broken.

Any one have any idea what needs doing/replacing? I've already spent money on getting the door unlocked which included a new exterior handle as they needed to cut it off apparently. So I'm not too pleased I have to pay out again for the same problem

Any help is much appreciated guys!

Id be looking at replacing the door lock. I have seen this before.

Id be looking at replacing the door lock. I have seen this before.

Thanks for the reply. I wonder what caused this. I wonder if it's covered by the warranty I took out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom