Pics of my new interior!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beautiful ...

A fantastic job............worthy of "Pimp my Ride" status? :)

On second thoughts, it's much classier than that! Nice one!

Completely amazing!

Only thing id change would be the rear clusters - back to OEM (not tinted)

Only thing id change would be the rear clusters - back to OEM (not tinted)

No, I like the lights. The car's mainly black and white, with some polished alloy and wood, I can think of no good reason to introduce amber into the scheme except maybe in an effort to make it look "dated".

As it is, it has a timeless look that the factory might well have adopted now had they still been making the car.

No, I like the lights. The car's mainly black and white, with some polished alloy and wood, I can think of no good reason to introduce amber into the scheme except maybe in an effort to make it look "dated".

Totally agree, i don't feel that orange will go with anything on the car. I had the wood stained as dark as possible without losing the grain look.

The lights aren't as dark as the pics suggest, but suit the overall look of the car. I think the clear/smoked indicator theme works well with black/chrome look of te car. I like a clean look, i think the orange won't do it any favours.

If the car was standard then i would leave the origanal lights on.

The car's mainly black and white, with some polished alloy and wood

The wood was meant to be black ash coloured, but my wood refinsiher somehow got confused and thought i said as dark as possible!

But he gave me such a stonking price if i took it as it is, i could refuse. In hindsight i think the black wood wouldn't give the interior a classy feel, so its worked out well.

Wow... absolutely stunning, you have one amazing car there.

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am in the process of overhauling my '87 560SEC and came upon this fantastic example. KLP 92, did you have all of the former plastic/composite materials covered in leather? I have a cracked blue dash (medium grey/silver exterior- I think they called it anthrasitgrau) and toyed with the idea of covering it in leather, as the recent MB's have. Your example reinforces my ideal. Is the leather on the dash/trim the same type as on the seats? Is the leather of a different type/caliber than used in the original? Can the leather be applied directly over the cracked dash, or would light come through, faintly showing the cracks underneath? It really is a fantastic example. Congratulations.

Thanks for any help,
Drew

Just saw this post as it's been bumped up....

.....all I can say is WOW!!

I think it was D-class. Highly recommended.

looks stunning! are the seats still that clean four years on!

amazing how for 7k you get the whole interior looking amazin and just how you want it but if you want to upgrade the leather option on say an s class it costs you 12k

Looks great! Like you, I much prefer contrasting colours for the interior. This is even better emphasized by the piping in black. Nice....Why some people choose to have a single colour especially black throughout...I don't understand. But each to his/her own!:) Great job...

WOW!!! LOST FOR WORDS, THE KING OF SEC MODELS.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom