** Pic's Of My S600 V12 Twin Turbo W221 Facelift AMG Pack, 21" plus "

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crumbs the orange peril from Japan,thought it was impossible to make a W221 in whatever guise look cheap but thats managed it.

Sam, I stumbled upon this, out of curiosity, what do you think of this, same wheels as yours, i think. :)
View attachment 116973

Crumbs the orange peril from Japan,thought it was impossible to make a W221 in whatever guise look cheap but thats managed it.

I believe it's a photoshop and I hope I'm right! 😁. I do like unusual colours but this is something else!
I have a pic of this car saved and it's silver

Hello Sam

I've just read this whole thread in one sitting. What a stunning car!! An absolute cracker. Glad to see you using Hughes as I did my apprenticeship there. If your S-Class was a W220 I would have been the one stamping your service book!

Cheers
Ben

Hello Sam

I've just read this whole thread in one sitting. What a stunning car!! An absolute cracker. Glad to see you using Hughes as I did my apprenticeship there. If your S-Class was a W220 I would have been the one stamping your service book!

Cheers
Ben

Hello Ben,
Thanks a lot! I've always gone to that dealership for any parts I needed and they've always been great

Absolutely stunning!!! Well Done! Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you!

You beat me to it :). I was going to post the link today.
I have decided to put the car for sale.... Time to let someone else enjoy it :)..... What do you guys think about the price?

That shouldn't take long to sell, Sam, if someone is genuinely after a motor like yours, first to see will buy, as they say,
good luck with the sale.
:) 👍

Thank you!
I hope it will go to someone that will appreciate the effort that has gone into the car.
My wife that doesn't care about cars said, I think we will miss the S class once it goes! I feel sad now that you've actually put it up for sale.... Her comment didn't help as I'm already in two minds if I'm doing the right thing

Thank you!
I hope it will go to someone that will appreciate the effort that has gone into the car.
My wife that doesn't care about cars said, I think we will miss the S class once it goes! I feel sad now that you've actually put it up for sale.... Her comment didn't help as I'm already in two minds if I'm doing the right thing
If I hadn’t just bought a CLS Shooting Brake I would have snapped this up Sam. Good luck with the sale but I’m sure you won’t need it.

Great thread and that car is truly special - looks incredible and I bet it goes down the road like a startled cat.

Best of luck with the sale :)

I don't think it will hang around for long at that price given the model and condition.

Good luck with the sale, Sam.

I thought I'd be gutted to sell my E55 after nearly 6 years but it was the right time and I strangely felt quite relieved when it went (not least because I got £4,500 over trade!).

Very good advert, great pics & description, should sell quickly. I shall be employing you to write my next for sale advert;)
Good luck with the sale, awaiting your next project:thumb:

If I hadn’t just bought a CLS Shooting Brake I would have snapped this up Sam. Good luck with the sale but I’m sure you won’t need it.

It's always the case :)... The moment you buy a car, something else comes up for sale.... It's happened to me a few times 😊
Thank you

Great thread and that car is truly special - looks incredible and I bet it goes down the road like a startled cat.

Best of luck with the sale :)

Thank you!
Since I've had it I have never thought, it could do with some more power.... It does go well :)

I don't think it will hang around for long at that price given the model and condition.

Good luck with the sale, Sam.

I thought I'd be gutted to sell my E55 after nearly 6 years but it was the right time and I strangely felt quite relieved when it went (not least because I got £4,500 over trade!).

Thank you John!
Every time I have decided to put a car for sale i've been in doubt if i'm making the right decision but like you said, once it's gone, I have felt relived.
As much as i like this car, i hope i feel the same way once it goes

Very good advert, great pics & description, should sell quickly. I shall be employing you to write my next for sale advert;)
Good luck with the sale, awaiting your next project:thumb:

Thank you!
Haha 😆, I'd be more than happy to help :)
I appreciate all the positive feedback from here..... I was a bit worried if i had gone a bit over the top with the advert.

Thanks again everyone and i really appreciate all the comments i have been getting in this thread from day one :)

I read this whole thread the other day and thought I'd commented but obviously not... (I also remember your M cars from Cutters - a few years ago I owned manual LCI Imola E46 M3 with a few mods, then an LCI E90 DCT)

This car is a stunning looking thing. Should have absolutely no bother selling at all. I'll say GLWTS but you won't need any luck 👍

I read this whole thread the other day and thought I'd commented but obviously not... (I also remember your M cars from Cutters - a few years ago I owned manual LCI Imola E46 M3 with a few mods, then an LCI E90 DCT)

This car is a stunning looking thing. Should have absolutely no bother selling at all. I'll say GLWTS but you won't need any luck 👍

Thank you sir! Appreciate your comment:)

You had two great M cars! If I ever buy another e46 M3, my first choice would be imola red. They look so good in that colour.
The e90 M3 prices seem to have gone crazy in this past 1 year! There is a white one for sale currently for just under £32K bit it went up for £39k a week before and the same car was up for sale last year for £17k :oops:

I took the S600 out yesterday and i was driving it today also, the whole time I was thinking, do I really want to sell this car?....... now I'm not sure I want to... I'll list it for sale on autotrader and see if anyone wants to buy it but if I get silly offers, I'll just keep it

Thank you sir! Appreciate your comment:)

You had two great M cars! If I ever buy another e46 M3, my first choice would be imola red. They look so good in that colour.
The e90 M3 prices seem to have gone crazy in this past 1 year! There is a white one for sale currently for just under £32K bit it went up for £39k a week before and the same car was up for sale last year for £17k :oops:

I took the S600 out yesterday and i was driving it today also, the whole time I was thinking, do I really want to sell this car?....... now I'm not sure I want to... I'll list it for sale on autotrader and see if anyone wants to buy it but if I get silly offers, I'll just keep it
18K is a fair price for this engine packed here. These are hard to source now.
Which of the 24 spark plugs is the most difficult to swap out?

18K is a fair price for this engine packed here. These are hard to source now.
Which of the 24 spark plugs is the most difficult to swap out?

I have put the car up for £15k as I thought it was a reasonable price especially for one that has had a lot of work done to it not just cosmetically. Not that it makes it more valuable but it gives the new owner a peace of mind that they won't have to spend money on it for a while . I've had a few offers but not what I'm willing to sell the car for. If it doesn't sell for close to the asking price, it can stay as I still love this car. I'm already thinking of getting the facelift headlamps for it and a remap if I keep it 😆. I don't think I'll ever change when it comes to cars 😁
As for the spark plugs, the only thing that I was worried about was taking the coil packs off as they can be damaged when pulling out if you are not careful. Once the coil packs are off, they are very easy to change.

When the car went to Mercedes for the Gearbox oil and oil filter change last month, the technician mentioned that one of the front discs had a small line from possibly a stone stuck at some point but they were still good and there was no need to change them. I just couldn't leave them as they were so I decided to get them changed. They are Brembo brake discs and pads.

One pin on each side that holds the back plates wouldn't come off :wallbash:. I had to cut them off. I ordered two from Mercedes and will pick them up later on today.

8 brake pads on each caliper and the discs are massive.. The minimum spec of the disc is 34mm.... crazy! They were still above min spec when i measured them

Last edited:
I have put the car up for £15k as I thought it was a reasonable price especially for one that has had a lot of work done to it not just cosmetically. Not that it makes it more valuable but it gives the new owner a peace of mind that they won't have to spend money on it for a while . I've had a few offers but not what I'm willing to sell the car for. If it doesn't for close to the asking price, it can stay as I still love this car. I'm already thinking of getting the facelift headlamps for it and a remap if I keep it 😆. I don't think I'll ever change when it comes to cars 😁
As for the spark plugs, the only thing that I was worried about was taking the coil packs off as they can be damaged when pulling out if you are not careful. Once the coil packs are off, they are very easy to change.

When the car went to Mercedes for the Gearbox oil and oil filter change last month, the technician mentioned that one of the front discs had a small line from possibly a stone stuck at some point but they were still good and there was no need to change them. I just couldn't leave them as they were so I decided to get them changed. They are Brembo brake discs and pads.

One pin on each side that holds the back plates wouldn't come off :wallbash:. I had to cut them off. I ordered two from Mercedes and will pick them up later on today.

8 brake pads on each caliper and the discs are massive.. The minimum spec of the disc is 34mm.... crazy! They were still above min spec when i measured them

I liked OE grade Brembo for the low noise level. But for stopping power without resizing calipers or rotors, I prefer Textar they are better cold and hot rated and produce more noise.

How much oil does the engine take accurately? And what was the best monetary offer on your V12 car?

I liked OE grade Brembo for the low noise level. But for stopping power without resizing calipers or rotors, I prefer Textar they are better cold and hot rated and produce more noise.

How much oil does the engine take accurately? And what was the best monetary offer on your V12 car?

Ah, that's interesting! I didn't know that, otherwise I would have ordered Textar as sometimes I feel like the car is not going to stop! You can feel how heavy this car is when breaking. Maybe I need to change my style of driving if I feel like the car won't stop 😁.

It takes 9L of oil...... I had two offers for £11K [no chance I'd sell it for that! ] and one other offer for £13.5K and the guy that offered £13.5K is meant to come and see the car soon so we'll go from there if he does come

Last edited:
Ah, that's interesting! I didn't know that, otherwise I would have ordered Textar as sometimes I feel like the car is not going to stop! You can feel how heavy this car is when breaking. Maybe I need to change my style of driving if I feel like the car won't stop 😁.

It takes 9L of oil...... I had two offers for £11K [no chance I'd sell it for that! ] and one other offer for £13.5K and the guy that offered £13.5K is meant to come and see the car soon so we'll go from there if he does come
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom