** Pic's Of My S600 V12 Twin Turbo W221 Facelift AMG Pack, 21" plus "

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stunning Car with all the work gone into it. I am sure you are proud owner as I would be

Thanks a lot, this is the first car that I actually want to drive every time I get a chance. My other cars for some reason don't get used much and I don't really mind not driving them?! It probably makes no sense :D

Simply stunning.

Thank you!

Nice work and what a result indeed. Like yourself I also do like the tinted glass all round I believe this is called climate comfort UV glass, but different manufactures seem to have different names for it. By the way what did you use to get the leather looking that clean and original finish looking. P.S. no facelift front lights to finish it off ?

Thank you! Ah ok, yeah I wasn't sure what the name was for the windows but it looks cool and its nice to know they have a purpose for being that colour :D
Believe it or not we have some strong chemical cleaning product at work and I mixed it with water and that thing will take off any dirt from anything. You just have to be careful how you mix it otherwise the paint can come off the leather seats if you're not carefully so it's not something I advise to use for the first time :D
As for the headlamps, you're right, it's not compete until they're changed and I would definitely change them but I have been told that it's very difficult to get facelift oem headlamps to work as the wiring and modules are different? Apparently there are aftermarket ones but the ones I've seen are in USA and the asking price is over £3k... a bit too much just for a pair of headlamps. If I could find them for around £1k I think that's reasonable

Stunning car,

Thank you!

I like it a lot. think you have nailed that one Sir :cool:

Thanks a lot!

Wow! You have done everything I would do if I had the cash lol. I too looked at W221s and finding a W221 with the right spec inside and out was difficult. You have definitely done the correct mods. Well done!

Thank you very much! :)

What a fantastic motor great thread! Throughly enjoyed reading it you've done a great job on it.

Thanks a lot!

Really appreciate all your kind comments!

Great thread and an absolutely stonking car, what a difference the new wheels make compared to the originals

Thank you very much! I believe wheels make a car and like you said, the wheels have made a big difference. When I picked it up from the body shop it had the 18s on and it just didn't look right, I went straight to the garage to fit the new wheels.

Great job there, love what you’ve done and as much as I love the original alloys you had on, the difference you’ve made with those AMG’s is fantastic.

Well done.

Great job there, love what you’ve done and as much as I love the original alloys you had on, the difference you’ve made with those AMG’s is fantastic.

Well done.

Thank you! I agree, the original alloys are great too but with the amg kit and the size of the car they're just bit big enough! I think they'd look great on a smaller model Mercedes with low profile tyres

Amazing :D Congratulations on fine work.

Thank you!

nice car!

I skipped the essay and went straight to the pictures :D

Thank you!
Haha :D I don't blame you!

Absolutely fantastic!
Looks awesome :)

Thank you!

Wow... that looks epic. Amazing what a difference the wheels, offset, and ride height can make!

Thank you! It's been hard work and there were times where I'd question myself if it was worth doing it up but now that its mostly done, I have go admit, I do like the car

Here's a quick video of the car if anyone is interested to hear what it sounds like with back boxes taken out. Since this video was taken the car was lowered at the back more as you've seen in the pics

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a quick video of the car if anyone is interested to hear what it sounds like with back boxes taken out. Since this video was taken the car was lowered at the back more as you've seen in the pics

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The car looks perfect :)

At first I didn't read the text and just looked at the images but just read it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I love projects like this and have carried out a few in my time (motorcycles and cars) but with a slightly lower spend! ;)
I love the attention to detail, nought wrong with OCD.
Fantastic job and yes I love the wheels! :)

Loooks fantastic what was the masking tape doing on the passenger door :)

The car looks perfect :)

Thank you! :)

At first I didn't read the text and just looked at the images but just read it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I love projects like this and have carried out a few in my time (motorcycles and cars) but with a slightly lower spend! ;)
I love the attention to detail, nought wrong with OCD.
Fantastic job and yes I love the wheels! :)

Thank you very much! :)

Loooks fantastic what was the masking tape doing on the passenger door :)

Thank you!
The guys at the body shop tried to glue it as one end wasn't flash, so I left the tape for 2 days but I could see there was a bit of gap so I just went and bought a new one from Mercedes, £80 for a fake chrome stripe o_O.

Loads of time, loads of effort but what a result; fantastic!
Hope every mile brings you happiness Sam, be rightfully proud :thumb:

Thank you very much for your kind comment!!

Well done Sam - as usual a epic car creation.

Absolutely fabulous attention to detail as always from you.
I've seen your threads over on Detailing World too.
PS can i bring my CLK over for you to do?
(Haha just a joke!)

I did detail two CLK's in the past so I have some experience with those cars :p.

Along with your lovely M3 convertible and that blue van.
Is the van still looking good? Hard to keep that looking nice i bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom