** Pic's Of My S600 V12 Twin Turbo W221 Facelift AMG Pack, 21" plus "

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello everyone

Grab a drink if you want to read everything because this will be a loooong thread! :D I've been meaning to make a thread for some time for this car but I've been so busy and I knew it would take a few hours to post this thread and its taken a few days to organise photos and write it up

As some of you have read some of my posts, I recently bought a Mercedes S600 V12 Twin Turbo W221 model.

The car has had one owner from new and it was bought from Mercedes dealer in Beaconsfield and it's been serviced there through out it's life, it's had even wiper blades from the same dealership. I bought the car directly from it's owner and it wasn't actually for sale, I found out about this car through a friend of mine and the truth is I wasn't looking for an S600! I'm embarrassed to say it but i didn't even know what engine the S600 had, I thought it was a 6.0l naturally aspirated engine and to my surprise I found out it's a V12 Twin Turbo!!

Now I have to say, the person that I bought the car from was a real gentleman. What a humble, kind man he was!
I had a figure in mind what i wanted to pay for the car but when I found out he paid £120K when he bought it new and clearly wasn't selling it for the money I didn't really know what to offer and no matter what we agreed on I knew he'd take a massive hit. He had just bought a brand new s class but told me he genuinely preferred the old s class he had.

As I was checking the car i asked if the car had service history and he told me the car had been serviced all it's life at Mercedes dealership in Beaconsfield and anything it's ever needed was done there but when I checked the service book, it was stamped up to 2013 and no more stamps but I still went ahead and bought the car, I took his word for it, not something I advise anyone to do but he just didn't seem like the type of guy that had to lie

I then went to Mercedes in Beaconsfield to see if it had any more services done after 2013 and they confirmed the car was last seen there late 2017. I bought the car late 2018. So it has full Mercedes service history and it's had a lot of money spent over the years there. I took all the records they had and I was pleased to see only Mercedes has worked on the car. This doesn't mean it didn't need any work as you'll read below what I've done so far to the car!

Now we go to the car. Unfortunately the man that had the car didn't have the best driver! The car had some scratches and scrapes on both sides and so did the bumpers. I decided I wanted to get them sorted and just detail the car as best as I could but of course as always I start doing research and when i drove the car a few times and realised what a beast the s600 is, it didn't help so I started thinking it's such a shame that a car with this performance and gadgets looks so boring on the outside! I was then thinking how nice the facelift S65 AMG looks and even though the pre facelift AMG s class still looks great, I liked the look of the facelift S65amg bodykit more.

I don't want to make my car look like something it's not but I thought the S600 deserves the AMG kit because with just a simple remap and it's just as quick as a genuine S65AMG and the car was going to the bodyshop anyways so it made sense to me to go for the AMG kit plus mercedes gives the owners the option to buy a diesel s class with the AMG kit so this was another reason that made me feel like it wasn't a bad thing! You see I find reasons to convince myself to spend money on cars LOL :D

The search began and very quickly I got all the parts I needed.

Now before I list the things I got for it, because I decided I was going to spend money on this car I wanted to get a private plate that said OCD because everyone says I have OCD when it comes to my cars and I couldn't believe when I spotted a private plate for sale that said S600 OCD What are the chances of finding that plate for an S600!!! I bought it straight away in case somone else would buy it.
I have another plate that says TOO OCD

I got

Facelift S65AMG front bumper

Facelift S65AMG rear bumper

Facelift S65AMG rear bumper

Facelift door mirrors

Facelift rear lights

AMG exhausts with back boxes taken out.... it's not too loud

Boot spoiler

Facelift front grill

As for the wheels I was set on buying 20" but after seeing an s class w221 with 20" wheels they still looked small imho and the car just didn't stand out much. One day when I went to Mercedes dealership to get some parts and I spotted a genuine S class W221 Brabus with 21" wheels and they just looked so right!

I decided to go for 21" wheels but I really liked the GL63AMG alloys but man were they hard to find!!! It took me 2 or 3 months but I finally found them in the colour I wanted and the spec I needed

After doing some research I saw that some people in USA had this wheels fitted 21X10j all around with 10mm spacers at the rear and 7mm spacers at the front. I wasn't sure they'd fit but I took a gamble, I went for it but I was still worried if they would fit and after paying £1500+ just for a set of wheels with no tyres and still not sure if they fit, it was a bit worrying to say the least.

I then got 4 Continetal tyres. The ones that make less noise? I didn't know you could get tyres that are less noisy.

Now the tyre size I needed for my car only one car comes with that size and that's Tesla

Rear tyres are 265/35/21

Front tyres are 245/35/21

The car was then dropped off at the bodyshop and they took their time but I didn't mind. A month later the car was ready. It had both sides resprayed to get rid of any imperfections plus the AMG kit with the rest of the other facelift parts that needed spraying.

I have done a lot of work on the car over this few months I've had it and it's not done yet. There's still a big list of things I would like to do to it.

So far it's had a full service done including 24 spark plugs! It's had 4 oil changes within a month. I know you're probably thinking that's a bit OTT but this was my thinking. I thought the first 2 oil changes i'd done just to flash the engine, first oil change I done, I drove the car 50 miles and changed the oil and filter for the second time.... second oil change I done about 100 miles and then change the engine oil with mobil 1 and genuine Mercedes filter this time but unfortunately the next day one of the oil cooler pipes started to leak oil.
I had to buy 2 new pipes and new oil cooler at the end and that was £1000 just for this 3 items and because I didn't trust the computer with how much oil to add I went and bought another oil filter from mercedes and 10 liters of Mobil 1 oil, so the car has had 4 oil changes within 150+ miles

I changed both engine mounts
Gearbox mount too.
Engine mounts were completely gone, one side was split in half when I took it off.
It's had 2 new batteries, I found out how sensitive this cars are when the battery is weak, the main one in the boot and the smaller one in the engine bay.

4 ABS sensors

New brake pads

Coolant temp switch

2 Tensioner pulleys while I had the fan off to change the oil cooler pipes.... nightmare of a job to do the oil cooler pipes in this car

Once I got the car back from the bodyshop I took it straight to the garage to get the new wheels fitted but I had to take the tyre pressure sensors off the old wheels and fit them to the new wheels so I wouldn't get the tyre pressure warning light on.

I also lowered the car by changing the linkages. Very easy to do and adjust.

The interior was in good condition or so I thought it was but once I started cleaning it, I realised how dirty it was! You'll see for yourself, but now it looks fresh ( i think )

Led number plate lights have been fitted too

Gel number plates

V12 Bi Turbo side badges

Front bumper, the holes have been smoothed as I like the clean look but I'm thinking of putting the front plate on as I also like my private plate :D.

Some of the options the car has are

Heated / cooled seats

Massage seats

The front seats move/hug you as you go around corners

Massage rear seats too and heated/cooled

Rear blinds

Sunroof

Night vision

Bi-Xenon headlamp's with active curve illumination

Parking sensors front and rear

Reverse camera

Suede Roof lining

3D 7G logic sound system ( I think that's what it's called )

And then all other things that most S classes have.

I'm sorry for posting such a long thread, I completely understand if most of you didn't read anything but just looked at the pics.

Anyways here's the car, some before and after pics

I like how all windows including the front windscreen and rear window have this green, blue, purple look in different angles

Parked next to my m3

eamon boys name

what do forensic anthropologists study

Gearbox mount

New oil cooler and pipes

Oil after 3rd oil change coming out as new

Changing the spark plugs... I ended up buying most plastic gaskets for the plugs as they would brake off as I would try and pull them out

My friend having fun with the exhaust :wallbash:

Exhaust done but bumper not fitted properly

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-20_20-37-2.gif
    upload_2019-5-20_20-37-2.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 65
    42 bytes · Views: 58
    42 bytes · Views: 50
    42 bytes · Views: 61
Last edited:
Old engine mounts vs new ones

Spoiler checking how it fits, rear bumper, amg exhaust and facelift rear lights swapped over

New wheels arrived

All painted up

Everything fitted but man did it look like a 4x4 on normal height!

Here it is all done after a detail and making a few adjustments with the height, I think its just right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both!
It's been hard work and I've put a lot of effort and money into it and I didn't do it hoping it would be worth more money done up, I just wanted the car to stand out a bit from the normal s classes as in UK most s classes are driven by chauffeurs. Someone could have easily confused me as a taxi driver :D

Thank you both!
It's been hard work and I've put a lot of effort and money into it and I didn't do it hoping it would be worth more money done up, I just wanted the car to stand out a bit from the normal s classes as in UK most s classes are driven by chauffeurs. Someone could have easily confused me for a taxi driver :D

Such a beautiful car!!!! Great thread!!!
Thanks for sharing [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind comment!

Nice private plate too :)

Thank you
It matches the plate on the vito :D

Simply stunning :) Glad you managed to pull the off 10j wheels, are the 245s stretched? How does the it handle with the new wider set up? Would love to run 10j all round, not sure if I could on my CLS.

Wonderful car, and you’ve made it stunning. When you previously posted about fitting ML/GL wheels I wasn’t convinced, but they look fantastic on the car. Well done!

Simply stunning :) Glad you managed to pull the off 10j wheels, are the 245s stretched? How does the it handle with the new wider set up? Would love to run 10j all round, not sure if I could on my CLS.

Thank you! I was worried about the wheels and when I fitted one wheel at the front just to see what it would look like ( with no tyre ) it looked like it wasn't right, it looked like it came too far out. Even the guys at the body shop thought they wouldn't fit but I guess it looked like that because the car was jacked up. Yes there is some stretch on the front tyres, maybe next time I'll try 255s front and 275s for the rears? In America I've seen them fit 285s for the rear but I was worried they'd rub. I'm not sure if 10j would be ok for your CLS and as you know I'm rubbish with wheel offsets :D. I asked you a thousand questions before I bought this wheels. Thanks again for your advise and help :)

What an epic thread, and what an epic car! Looks fantastic! :D:D

Thank you very much!

Wonderful car, and you’ve made it stunning. When you previously posted about fitting ML/GL wheels I wasn’t convinced, but they look fantastic on the car. Well done!

Thanks a lot.... it's nice to see others like the wheels too :)

Stunning Car with all the work gone into it. I am sure you are proud owner as I would be

Nice work and what a result indeed. Like yourself I also do like the tinted glass all round I believe this is called climate comfort UV glass, but different manufactures seem to have different names for it. By the way what did you use to get the leather looking that clean and original finish looking. P.S. no facelift front lights to finish it off ?

Wow! You have done everything I would do if I had the cash lol. I too looked at W221s and finding a W221 with the right spec inside and out was difficult. You have definitely done the correct mods. Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom