** Pic's Of My S600 V12 Twin Turbo W221 Facelift AMG Pack, 21" plus "

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the car, it’s a monster!

So @Sam87 following on from your cutters exodus, when will this beauty be going up for sale :D.

Just kidding hope it doesn't absolutely love the progress on this.

So @Sam87 following on from your cutters exodus, when will this beauty be going up for sale :D.

Just kidding hope it doesn't absolutely love the progress on this.
Thank you :)
I love this car and by getting rid of all the cars and keeping this, it shows how much I like it "but" it might be going, I'm just not so sure at the moment what I want to get next as I'm looking at cars from e92 M3 to R8 V8, V10 and Porsche's and then I have moments that I think a £5k car would be perfect. No stress, just drive it and park it anywhere.

At the same time, I think maybe i should do a few more things to this car and keep it for a bit longer.

If i was to keep it, i will have to get the facelift headlamps to complete the facelift conversion outside.

Don't judge me too hard for what I'm about to say next but red is one of my fav colours and I'm thinking of wrapping the car red? Gloss red not matt colour

A few other little mods that I have in mind and get it tuned also. It would be nice to have a 600bhp S class :D

Your opinions and advise would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
£5k cars sound like a great idea but they never make you happy if you are a car person.

Ask me how I know... 😄

It's different if you run that as a daily and then have something special as well but even that is a bit pants depending on how much you get out in the special car - the running costs don't change a lot if you don't use it much...

I've always run the special car as my main car although I've never had any exotica or anything seriously impractical.

I've been through the same decision making process in the past many times and you do round in circles a bit when you aren't sure.

Only you really know yourself well enough to know what makes you tick I think and you will find your own way.

£5k cars sound like a great idea but they never make you happy if you are a car person.

Ask me how I know... 😄

It's different if you run that as a daily and then have something special as well but even that is a bit pants depending on how much you get out in the special car - the running costs don't change a lot if you don't use it much...

I've always run the special car as my main car although I've never had any exotica or anything seriously impractical.

I've been through the same decision making process in the past many times and you do round in circles a bit when you aren't sure.

Only you really know yourself well enough to know what makes you tick I think and you will find your own way.

Hi John,
I think you are 100% right! :D
I'm probably trying to convince myself that I don't need anything fancy but cars are my passion. It's the only thing I spend money on haha :D
If I bought a £5k car, within a week I'll start looking at AMG's and M cars.

I think it's best I take my time and see how I feel in a few months.
If I was single, i think i would have made a decisions in no time but my wife ( even though she doesn't say I can't buy this car or that car ) she has told me buying a 2 seater is very selfish as it would be just for us and I should buy something that has more than 2 seats just in case we ever go with friends somewhere.
I have a solution to that, we go with our friends car and not mine :D but in her eyes and R8 looks like a fish and its ugly.
She clearly knows nothing about cars

For no stress park it anywhere, you need to knock a zero off. The £400 Volvo S70 I had a few years back was truly enlightening.

Cheap cars are the best! I used to have a Megane just to go to work and back. I used to park that car everywhere and never look back or worry. My wife says that was the best car I had as we could go out for dinner and I would concentrate on her whereas if I'd take any of the other cars I'd be thinking, was it safe where I parked? Is someone going to hit the doors? :D

What a car these are. Friend of mine has a 2011 600L same colour, like a magic carpet. Enjoy.

Thank you.
I does feel like a magic carpet when I put my foot down, it feels like you're flying :D

Cheap cars are the best! I used to have a Megane just to go to work and back. I used to park that car everywhere and never look back or worry. My wife says that was the best car I had as we could go out for dinner and I would concentrate on her whereas if I'd take any of the other cars I'd be thinking, was it safe where I parked? Is someone going to hit the doors? :D

My Landcruisers allowed an equally laissez-faire attitude to parking. Feel free to open your door onto my rock slider. 😆

I forgot to mention it, today I recieved the brackets that hold the exhaust tips in place. They had started to rust. I got them from Mercedes. Easy job
Nice and shiny! They match the frame of the car now as they were the only thing that had rusted. Having owned cars ( bmw - audi ) same year as this S class, I am surprised that it has no rust underneath. When I removed the inner arch to change the shock absorbed, it actually looked like new!
I must do a mini underside restoration to this car as well, paint the lower arms, diff and few other parts..... it's just that I always say I won't go to crazy and then end up spending a whole week cleaning and painting :D

I also changed both side light bulbs for led ones as one stopped working. The ones I had fitted previously were led bulbs too but they lasted about 2 years.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, I stumbled across this thread and found myself reading every update and reply until the end!

Very interesting to hear and see what you have done with the S600 by giving it some OCD treatment. Sorry to hear that your fleet has been downsized but hopefully that is just temporary until the big S class has some garage friends :)

Look forward to further updates...

My Landcruisers allowed an equally laissez-faire attitude to parking. Feel free to open your door onto my rock slider. 😆
The landcruiser is a fantastic vehicle..I've driven them in conditions varying from the desert and heat of Sudan to the minus 20c of Russia, the utter chaos of the roads of Liberia in the rainy season, and everything in between. In nearly 25 years, they've never let me down.

Just wanted to say, I stumbled across this thread and found myself reading every update and reply until the end!

Very interesting to hear and see what you have done with the S600 by giving it some OCD treatment. Sorry to hear that your fleet has been downsized but hopefully that is just temporary until the big S class has some garage friends :)

Look forward to further updates...

Hello,
Thank you very much sir! Really appreciate your comment!
I'm finding it hard to decide what car to get next, i thought i knew what i wanted but there are so many nice cars out there :)

Nice build, fair play

Thank you!

that looks the absolute dogs dangleberries bud

Thank you!

If I was single, i think i would have made a decisions in no time but my wife ( even though she doesn't say I can't buy this car or that car ) she has told me buying a 2 seater is very selfish as it would be just for us and I should buy something that has more than 2 seats just in case we ever go with friends somewhere.
I have a solution to that, we go with our friends car and not mine :D but in her eyes and R8 looks like a fish and its ugly.
She clearly knows nothing about cars
I am lucky in the fact that my wife has no interest in cars, whereas I am the total opposite. She does not care if she is in a mini or a Rolls Royce as long as it gets her to where she is going. She does not care what I buy as long as I can afford it. Show her a picture, she always says "that's nice". Take her with me to a garage, she will not bother getting in it even though I ask her to. She just says get it if you want it. She even struggles with the make of cars we have, its usually asking what colour we are taking out.
Your car is an absolute stunner, everything about it is lovely. Must say I loved the original wheels it came with, though your choice of the new ones really suit it. My last 3 daily drivers were S class, changed every 3 years though not V12 I hasten to add. The S class in general is a cut above the rest. Unfortunately they now all have the corporate front end so it could be a C class or anything else coming towards you. Very interesting reading your posts & what you have done to your car. Keep it up & keep us informed👍

I am lucky in the fact that my wife has no interest in cars, whereas I am the total opposite. She does not care if she is in a mini or a Rolls Royce as long as it gets her to where she is going. She does not care what I buy as long as I can afford it. Show her a picture, she always says "that's nice". Take her with me to a garage, she will not bother getting in it even though I ask her to. She just says get it if you want it. She even struggles with the make of cars we have, its usually asking what colour we are taking out.
Your car is an absolute stunner, everything about it is lovely. Must say I loved the original wheels it came with, though your choice of the new ones really suit it. My last 3 daily drivers were S class, changed every 3 years though not V12 I hasten to add. The S class in general is a cut above the rest. Unfortunately they now all have the corporate front end so it could be a C class or anything else coming towards you. Very interesting reading your posts & what you have done to your car. Keep it up & keep us informed👍

Hello,
Thanks a lot!

Sometimes I wish my wife liked cars as I think it must be so boring for her when I go on and on about cars but she has no choice but listen to me :D
We were out this weekend and she said, I think I will miss this car when you sell it as it is very comfortable and spacious. That's something as she doesn't normally care when it comes to cars.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom