pics of my W124 cabrio down in Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Some pics of my w124 cabrio down in Jersey.. had it couriered down from London to Dorset and then we picked it up and drove it on to the Sea cat and enjoyed 2 days and 35 miles of bliss in it..

Then got it back to Dorset by Sea Cat and had it couriered back to London..
Ah what a joy it was to drive...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

How do you mean couriered? Was it too far to drive to/from Dorset?

He means some crazy van driver drove it like he stole it and thrashed the pants off it all the way to Dorset and back while the Boss took public transport. :D

Another way out there thread from The Boss. :D:D:D

How do you mean couriered? Was it too far to drive to/from Dorset?

i dont like mileage, so i had it put on the back on a car loader from London to my mates place in Dorset, then i went down in the yaris to my friends house, left the yaris there and took the w124 over to Jersey to enjoy the weather where possible..

saved myself 300 miles on the w124.. im happy!

But driving a Yaris in preference to your cab and then trusting your precious motor to a courier company instead of driving it personally... combined with the expense and the aggro of arranging it all to save a mere 300 miles on the clock. :doh:

Either you are barking mad or you are having us all on. :dk:

Last edited:
I have to agree.

Surely a nice gentle ~ 150 mile run each way would be good for the car and it's health - rather than lots of small/short journies, cold starts, in/out the seats, opening closing all the doors/roof etc. That'll have taken just as much, if not more toll on the car!

What about the salt air! :eek:

Will

No photo's of it on the trailer?

I wasnt present when it left London nor when it arrived, hence as per first post, it was taken down prior to my arrival to dorset, and when we arrived on the 10.30pm sea cat, it was left at my mates till the following day for it to be brought back whilst we took the yaris backk...

if i was present, ofcourse id have pics.. im Mr.Camera lol!!

One day, im gonna take the cab over to Australia for vacation.. just gotta figure out what the plane charge would be for excess luggage lol

I have to agree.

Surely a nice gentle ~ 150 mile run each way would be good for the car and it's health - rather than lots of small/short journies, cold starts, in/out the seats, opening closing all the doors/roof etc. That'll have taken just as much, if not more toll on the car!

What about the salt air! :eek:

Will

I do agree.. miles wont hurt it.. but i have it services regularly etc...

hence i think i need a high mileage w124 to use daily iwth out feeling guilty!!!!

You could have photoshopped the Jersey pics and saved even more miles.

I do hope that you will have it steam cleaned; I can vouch that the salt in the air WILL be clinging on to all those nooks and crannies and you WILL get surface rust on any unprotected surfaces. I have experience from the isle of white - it takes a huge toll on the car.

As others have said a 300 mile journey would have been much better for the mechanical condition of the car than 23mph around Jersey.

What a very sad tale.

Stick it in a garage and have a projector put an image of where you would like to be on the wall, then take your photos.
Same result with no mileage on the car.......:doh:

Crikey, I'm doing 12k+ a year in my CE and I've consequently seen its value plummet from £48k in 1991 to the £1.5k it now currently commands at 85k miles. :eek:

Having recently parked near the sea in Dorset, do I need to get it decontaminated..

Love the car so much though, I've actually hired a team of Sherpas to carry it and me around London - saves on the cold starts and short journeys and they also do the garden when I'm not using the car.

Not sure about the door open shots though, extra gravity pulling on the hinges.

Lovely car though.

:D

Ade

only kidding

Crikey, I'm doing 12k+ a year in my CE and I've consequently seen its value plummet from £48k in 1991 to the £1.5k it now currently commands at 85k miles. :eek:

Having recently parked near the sea in Dorset, do I need to get it decontaminated..

Love the car so much though, I've actually hired a team of Sherpas to carry it and me around London - saves on the cold starts and short journeys and they also do the garden when I'm not using the car.

Not sure about the door open shots though, extra gravity pulling on the hinges.

Lovely car though.

:D

Ade

only kidding

Ade does it have the original heritage grille, if so it will be worth much much more than £1500.
And yes you will need to get it steam cleaned if you have been out in it; steamcleaned twice if you have been out AND to the coast.

What pointless attention seeking ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom