pics of my W124 cabrio down in Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew from BA from Gatwick North (the valet parking there is dead easy - literally yards away from the terminal, and not expensive if pre-booked). Cost was £360 return incl tax for three of us - so £120 per head, which is not bad for BA though I guess Flybe or sim from Soton might be cheaper, and still a straightforward journey from Camberley. Car hire was £20/day. Hotel was a bit more than that....but worth it to us, especially at this time of year when you can't guarantee the weather.

Thanks for that.

I take it the weather was good then?

Man I'm going to struggle to impress around here, i recently bought my 270CLK Mercedes with 22000 on the clock (see just arrived) the guy i bought it off only covered 543 miles in the last 18 months, well I put 500 miles on it in the first week and as soon as I can afford another tank of petrol I'm off again.

If you aint going to drive it, sell it, and pocket the cash.

Still, it's a lovely car and your a luck, luck guy.

PS I think your a bit of a photographer as well, you didn't achieve those pics without just a little artistic flare

It's yours for £35,000 :D:D

Personally I prefer Guernsey to Jersey. St Peter Port is a lovely little place and the whole pace there is slower and nicer (IMO). Went there just before going to Russia in July. Weather was great and the beaches lovely! :) Took the Saab over and had 4 days of sheer open top bliss :)

Personally I prefer Guernsey to Jersey. St Peter Port is a lovely little place and the whole pace there is slower and nicer (IMO).

I was in Guernsey a couple of weeks ago, stayed in St Peter Port, the view from the apartment window:

4073769964_b2d6f648d7.jpg

I'm just amazed anyone would boast about going to Jersey in an old 124...

That's nothing. I went to Weston-Super-Mare in mine.....:cool:
Mind you, I drove it there. And I didn't get it steam cleaned. Or photographed.

I don't know whether the Boss is boasting Nick, or just sharing the experience .....:dk:
Long live eccentricity!

Having met Boss and chatted a few times, I'm certain he's just sharing! (and no, I'm not boasting!!) :)

I'm just amazed anyone would boast about going to Jersey in an old 124...

Point 1. Jersey is wonderful, have you been? doubt you have, and you are missing out!

Point 2. old 124.. oh please. If a 16 yr old is old, what does that make the cars prior to 1993??

Point 3. Boast? at what point did i boast.. i simply disclosed a relevant semi road trip in a half decent car that happens to be a merc and happens to be my own car, which happens to make it justified on a site such as this..

Thats 'cos I know you! :)

Point 3. i simply disclosed a relevant semi road trip in a half decent car that happens to be a merc

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

How much would you ask for it if you thought it was great example of a future classic?:D

60K??

i simply disclosed a relevant semi road trip in a half decent car that happens to be a merc

but...

but you claim you did nearly all of your road trip in someone's Yaris. How random is that?

I think the point of the story was the using of the 124 in Jersey, not the trip to the port. I'll bet Boss wishes he hadn't mentioned it now! :crazy:

but you claim you did nearly all of your road trip in someone's Yaris. How random is that?
Presumably the Yaris pics I was looking forward to have been posted on the Toyota forum :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom