Pics of restoration project - be nice, don't laugh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerstephens

Car
W111 230s, 911 Supersport Cabriolet, Citroen DS23 Pallas, Rover 95, Cayenne S daily driver
I know, there will be lots of you out there falling abot laughing but I love this old car and I'm not ashamed. Well, a little bit possibly. Oh alright, I wear a balaclava when I drive it - seems right somehow :)

230prerestore07.jpg

230forweb4.jpg

230forweb3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you might have a bit of work to do on the body but the interior looks pretty good.

How many miles on it?

You have no need for shame at all, bringing such a lovely old motor back to life makes you deserving of praise and a degree of envy, keep it up!.

Nice car - but why is it ramming those railings? Confusing photo :D

Nice old classic, doesn't look abused or anything and as Sp!ke has said, the interior looks very good for it's age.

Likewise, a bit confused about the parking position :eek:

Good luck with it all and remember to post updates/photos as it comes along :)

Will

Lovely old car. May possibly have a bit of rust - good luck!

No laughing from this quarter. What is the bodywork really like as the pics are not great quality but looks ok from what we can see. What about the chrome work? How many miles because as other say the interior looks rather good.

What are you planning to do to it?

what's there to laugh about, get it sorted but don't lose the natural ageing it has acquired over the years. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

Ramraid

Nice car - but why is it ramming those railings? Confusing photo :D

Off street parking is mad here and the 230 is a long old lady, hence the snug fit. Bizarrely enough, the railings next door were rammed by a Merc in December, truly. Our neighbour had just got married, and had bought his wife a brand new 200SL auto as a wedding present. She'd passed her test a weeke before at the tended age of 24. Coming home, day three, parking, foot slipped off the brake, on the accelerator and she went through the railings and left the car dangling on it's chassis over the basement flat front garden.

Our neighbour had just got married, and had bought his wife a brand new 200SL auto as a wedding present. She'd passed her test a weeke before at the tended age of 24. Coming home, day three, parking, foot slipped off the brake, on the accelerator and she went through the railings and left the car dangling on it's chassis over the basement flat front garden.

Any pictures??

Of the car, not the 24 year old.;);)

Condition and project

No laughing from this quarter. What is the bodywork really like as the pics are not great quality but looks ok from what we can see. What about the chrome work? How many miles because as other say the interior looks rather good.

What are you planning to do to it?

Thanks for positive comments guys, I'm surprised. It's going to be a restore where needed, but as original as possible. The rust is actually minimal, inner wheel arches, boot floor, cross members, struts, all rust free which is amazing. Door bottoms have gone but that's about it. I'll have new metal let in to the rust areas, then a bare metal respray, replace or rechrome the major parts but I don't want a concours car, I want one that feels it's age. Interior will stay as it, with new carpets as the current ones have had it. Mechanically, she's spot on -sheer engineering quality and since every single thing works as it should, I'm leaing well alone. I'll post pics as I go.

I'm used to this - there are two pics below, one of the Citroen DS23 that I'm halfway through and the other of the 911 in sparkly condition. Contrast or what?
DSbodystripout152.jpg

porsche1.jpg

Ah, can see it's OSP now, thought it was the pavement!

I didn't dare take any pics, she was soooo upset :( Actually, the car is in the background of one of the pics, you can see a dent on the bonnet, just. In one of the other pics, you can see the warning cones outside the railings in case anyone else has a go :)

Last edited:
The MB is lovely , i have a photo of my dad with his one ( his first Merc ) .

That Porsche is great too , that browny colour really works well with that shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom