Picture when starting C class w204 62 - car profile and then 3 torsos under

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazkeirle

Car
W209 CLK & C204 C-Class
Hi, just got a new c class and no idea what this means.

On the instrument panel bit when i start the car I have a profile of the car, looks like back seat may be highlighted and then under 3 torsos.

No idea. Anyone shed any light, doesnt seem to be an issue.

The hints are all there...a back seat, which takes three people (each with their own torso)...what could it mean?

Real helpful guys. There's nothing on the back seats.

I have looked in the manual but don't know what it even relates to. Belt? It's not in the belt section.

I find it hard to believe that a warning sign is not covered in the handbook?

Last edited:
OK found it. But the image shown is not actually shown in the handbook and so requires reading every word or finding it.

It's a rear seat belt indicator. Why I need to know that every time I don't know. You'd think it would be only if something on seat or door had been opened.

A c class is a company car, not a family run around. You'd think you could turn that off. Or wouldn't be on as standard.

The C class can be a company car, a family car and anything else the owner wishes, not sure why you make the distinction or the relevance of the comment?

Just hook up the rear seat belts ...

Typical ex-mafia car if there are torso's on the back seat.

The horses heads will be in the boot.

I would have thought the symbol on the dash is just confirmation that the safety system is working.
There would only be a warning if someone sat on the back seat without wearing a seatbelt.

Last edited:
OK found it. But the image shown is not actually shown in the handbook and so requires reading every word or finding it.

It's a rear seat belt indicator. Why I need to know that every time I don't know. You'd think it would be only if something on seat or door had been opened.

A c class is a company car, not a family run around. You'd think you could turn that off. Or wouldn't be on as standard.
What a ridiculous statement. Mine is a company car and also a family car. Why would it not be a family car? I think it is very
useful & shows when both my 5 year old has undone his seat belt and my business passengers have not done up theirs.

Last edited:
I echo the above retorts on the family car front - my estate is very practical for taking the whole family in, including all baby paraphernalia. As for the three torsos, they contribute to achieving an extra few Euro NCAPS-points I suspect.

lols, yes it's also a company and family car for me also.

It was however previously a company only car, for 15k miles, during that time it was absolutely not relevant to know each and every time you start the car that the belts were not in the back seats. In that time there had not been any back seat passengers yet you get told each and every time.

As such you'd think it would be a useful feature to make optional, like the interior lights or beep when locking.

You guys really are hostile.

The image isn't exactly shown in the manual and without text to the image on the console it was hard to work out what it was relevant to. The image has no pictures of belts, no mention in the seating area and the actual feature we're referring to inst in the seat belt section either. I have had the car 1 day, I'm supposed to read every word of the manual before I can go out for a drive?

I thought the forum a perfect place to ask a quick question and get a quick answer. That's what they're for. If common it becomes a good topic for search for the owner of the site and sells more ad impressions.

Turns out right approach, wrong forum perhaps.

Strange thing is, I see far worse and dopier posts on here all day long "why do my DLRs not run at night" etc. but these guys don't get shot down.

edit: How do i know that the previous 15k had no back seat passengers? - before I get asked, well the previous owner couldn't tell me what that picture meant either, he too had never read the manual and just put up with it. Hence the forum post.

Last edited:
Turns out right approach, wrong forum perhaps.

Strange thing is, I see far worse and dopier posts on here all day long "why do my DLRs not run at night" etc. but these guys don't get shot down.

Don't take it personal, it's just that the amount of people that ask a question on the forum because they can't be bothered to read the manual first is staggering.

It just comes across as sheer laziness.

Don't take it personal, it's just that the amount of people that ask a question on the forum because they can't be bothered to read the manual first is staggering.

It just comes across as sheer laziness.

I probably will at some point get through the entire manual, but it's not something you do before taking your car out for a few test spins. It's sensible to check that the warning isn't something dangerous rather than ignoring until you find out you've just screwed your warrantee.

I did look it up, you'd expect this to be in the seat section or something. Yes it has it's own section about belt safety feature but there is no mention or image of a belt on the warning and so didn't know it was that, and even in that section it does not show a representation of the image shown.

Never read the manual for my car... Or any car I have ever owned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom