PICTURED: BMW left beached on concrete slab at B&Q car park in Dartford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presumably too impatient to sit in the queue? To$$er :D

Wasn't me honest!

That takes some pace to get up over that kerb.

Popular place for nutters that retail park.

S

Presumably too impatient to sit in the queue? To$$er :D
He was an off duty Policeman on his way to help out a little old Lady being robbed and the people in front of him in the queue didn't have their licence....

Near where I live we have the delightful - Hempstead Valley Shopping Center with its equally delightful multi-storey car park. Surrounding every floor below the car park "windows" or rather the open spaces that have no glass, there is an armco barrier. This is also below bonnet height and is mounted about two feet in from the wall.

As you drive around this car park you can hear what sounds like a mad Bongo Drum Solo. It is not that. It is people banging into the armco either front end first or reverse. It's insane positioning makes it invisible from the drivers seat. The place is littered with broken fog & headlight glass along with a variety of bumper mountings.

I did question why it was needed? Answer. To stop people hitting the wall - Fail.

It does seem a crazy way to design something I agree and you could design the wall to take the impact instead but......
I got called to inspect damage to the NCP in Cadogan Square some years ago which was circular on plan. Sadly an older gentleman, who had parked in one of the inner spaces, got his foot stuck under the brake pedal and jammed the accelerator down in his BMW 5 series auto. Took the handbrake off ,shot across the road and smashed into the external pre cast concrete wall. Totalled the front of the car, damaged the wall but the main concern was potential damge to the connections between panels and supporting structure. Major intrusive investigations ensued which took ages and caused major loss of revenue as bays were closed off. Cost of remedials were high too.

Armco is by far the cheaper option. Engineers eh?

Does anybody remember the metal 'wedges' that used to lift up out of the road surface instead of barriers at some car parks? Many years ago I watched someone try and dart through behind another car thinking he could make it before they raised ... ripped the sump off his car!

Further down the page is a GL beached!

Yeah, that got posted up on here a few months back.

i thought it was just Audi driver's that did this sort of thing??

i thought it was just Audi driver's that did this sort of thing??

Yes, but thy get away with it because their cars are not lowered....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom