Pictures from the NEC caravan & Camping show this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

99% of you will probably slate them but as we queued to get in the car parks I'm guessing we cannot be the only ones that like Caravans and Motorhomes..

Some various pics of the show..

Pop out this way and that is the way forward either motorhome or caravan.
6ec6d0fa.jpg

be18b793.jpg

5e721b2f.jpg

c4d94264.jpg

ee3246b1.jpg

033f8359.jpg

7c152357.jpg

d9bb4d46.jpg

d3015019.jpg

72244f4d.jpg

5a2c15b7.jpg

b3b66def.jpg

acb1953d.jpg

48120dbc.jpg

d86e4753.jpg

330fe42f.jpg

Great show, we loved it. Chose our next one and baby A210 was getting in the mood :)

a0dfd90c.jpg

Interesting. Pop out sections can't do much for the weight.

I did see a van with led front lights the other day - was this aftermarket or a new trend on 2012 vans?

^ New trend on some models, as part of the pull handles on the front.

Lots of LED's inside and outside for the awning lights.

Lots of after market LED kits though. I like the look of them.

Pull out section yes will add weight but so much more room.

^ New trend on some models, as part of the pull handles on the front.

Lots of LED's inside and outside for the awning lights.

Lots of after market LED kits though. I like the look of them.

Pull out section yes will add weight but so much more room.

Handles would make sense as it was at an odd angle and height.

Looks like you had a nice day out ... I haven't been for years. Nice pics., thanks for posting!

^ Was a really good day out we left home at 8.30am and left the show at 6.30pm to be back home again at 8.30pm. A full long day but very good.

The kids loved it also, looking in the vans, sitting in the trucks, crazy golf games, static caravans to look in etc etc.

We could have taken two days to cover it all really, you could even drive the various tow cars of the year and take part in manouvering lessons.

The fact I won some free tickets was even better :)

Medium sized A210 (and dolly enjoyed it a lot)

1ab98222.jpg

The reason they are probably so popular is it gives you somewhere to stay whilst stuck in traffic jams which are becoming more frequent.

Slightly better picture.

No locker at the front for gas, no awning rail but looked quite cool :)

4ccfb92e.jpg

Oh my! So 'pod' wasn't a bad guess then,:) but at base price of £42000 they're not going to get flattened in the rush.:eek:

I am looking forward to next summer when I drive across Exmoor stuck behind a whole load of those again..... joking of course.

Oh my! So 'pod' wasn't a bad guess then,:) but at base price of £42000 they're not going to get flattened in the rush.:eek:

You can buy an awful lot of holidays for £42k At 3% the interest alone would pay for a holiday.

^ The airstreams were £50 to £60K

I don't think you can look at it like that, even a standard van at £15K to £20k could get a few holidays.

The fact I can go away almost unplanned at the drop of a hat for the weekend, week and not have to worry about the kids in little hotel rooms with little to do is the benefit for us. Wide open spaces and parts of the country we would not necessarily visit.

Also with the larger / heavier vans you need a pretty good tug so all in all its not about a cheap holiday :)

"Also with the larger / heavier vans you need a pretty good tug"
...........and there was me thinking these things were road going.

^ The airstreams were £50 to £60K

I don't think you can look at it like that, even a standard van at £15K to £20k could get a few holidays.

The fact I can go away almost unplanned at the drop of a hat for the weekend, week and not have to worry about the kids in little hotel rooms with little to do is the benefit for us. Wide open spaces and parts of the country we would not necessarily visit.

Also with the larger / heavier vans you need a pretty good tug so all in all its not about a cheap holiday :)

Not a caravanner myself, but I see it as a life style thing, either you get it or you don't.
Personally it wouldn't work for me but when I retire it could be an option to spend every summer touring Europe and playing golf so a caravan would be ideal.
I'll try and travel at night to avoid identification and to cause minmum annoyance and inconvenience to the rest of the roadgoing community.

I really don't get all this hate to caravans... We've borrowed my parents on and off for years. This means it's been pulled by 1.8 petrol Pug 406 and Laguna II as well as the W210 E320 and Volvo D5. None of them had much of an issue in keeping up with road traffic, and typically the only time I would hold others up would be if someone (normally in a car!) would hold me up.

The one exception was the 1.8's. Fine on most hills, but a very steep hill with a sharp bend could slow things temporarily to a 1st gear climb. Normal service would soon be resumed though!

but I see it as a life style thing, either you get it or you don't

^ pretty much sums it up

We get it, we like it. It's not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom