Pictures of C43AMG's new AMG Carbon fibre steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
Posting some pics on behalf of C43AMG.

Pictures of his new special edition original AMG steering wheel fiotted to his C43.

The steering wheel itself is custom made by AMG for the Royal family of Brunei. The rear of the steering wheel which is normally vinyl is hand stitched with soft nappa leather, as the rest of the steering wheel!

The steering wheel:

img23869cm.jpg

Before:

img0521118rr.jpg

After:

img052512rx.jpg

A really nice finishing touch!

I see there is also an aftermarket shift lever...

Humbles the crappy oem plastic faux-carbon trim!

Shude said:
I see there is also an aftermarket shift lever...

Humbles the crappy oem plastic faux-carbon trim!
I agree...That aftermarket gearshift lever really looks the part, as does the new steering wheel. A great shame MB never did decent 'real' carbon fibre trim for the W202 as opposed to the fake printed stuff.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
I agree...That aftermarket gearshift lever really looks the part, as does the new steering wheel. A great shame MB never did decent 'real' carbon fibre trim for the W202 as opposed to the fake printed stuff.
I have been tempted to either wrap the plastic parts in real carbon film, or maybe even take mouldings of the plastic bits and make 100% carbon replica parts (much cooler but a LOT more difficult/time consuming ;) ).

Yup, very nice! Reminded me that I should look at replacing the standard wheel on my R129 ... IMO it's the one thing that lets the interior down.

nice touch!

Very nice indeed .... hadn't spotted your COMAND install before either ... nice job - who did that ?

S.

BTB 500 said:
Yup, very nice! Reminded me that I should look at replacing the standard wheel on my R129 ... IMO it's the one thing that lets the interior down.

The wood and leather steering wheel feels very nice, as I'm sure Peter's one does.

I Neeeeeeeeed :crazy:

Looks very nice, congrats.:bannana: :bannana:

stats007 said:
The wood and leather steering wheel feels very nice, as I'm sure Peter's one does.

Not seen any on eBay for the R129, is it still available as a dealer part? It was a £550 option in 1997 so I dread to think how much now?!

Perfect Peter, perfect.

sym said:
Very nice indeed .... hadn't spotted your COMAND install before either ... nice job - who did that ?

S.

The original Comand mastermind himself - Steve of course!

Very nice, great steering wheel with some interesting history!

*EDIT* spooky, just noticed this is post 666 for me on 06/06/06

Thats a very nice wheel Peter. Well done :bannana:

A-AvantGarde said:
*EDIT* spooky, just noticed this is post 666 for me on 06/06/06

and The Omen is released today too :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom