Pictures of My C240 (1998) following crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CGrint

In October 2002 I finally purchased my lifes dream, a Mercedes-Benz.
A C240 Elegance 1998 in Midnight blue, a wonder to drive.

In July of this year, coming back home I lost control of the car and managed to flip it, and following righting itself, slam into trees, knocking one down onto the car.

The details for me do not exist as I have no memory of, and can only go on the police report, which says I was unfortunate that water had gathered on a corner, which I skidded on, I was not speeding, and it was not a sharp bend, I just lost the backend, and the momentum was beyond my control.

The car was a complete right off ... I was lucky in only having to have my left hand reconstructed (more metal then bone now! LOL) and being unconscious for 20-30mins, along with a fractured collar bone, damaged knee, and lots of cuts on my head and arm.

I was unfortunate in that no airbags deployed in the accident, but a Mercedes Benz report has stated that the car acted proper, as on a roll over the airbags turn themselves off, and the passenger side ones only deploy when a certain weight is on the passenger seat.... it is just unfortunate that had the passenger onces deployed (when I hit the not small tree and knocked it down) the emergency services believe it would have saved my hand and the damage to my head.

The good news is I am recovering well ... painful...but getting there...but unfortunatly I can not drive ... and no longer have my dream car...but as I am being constantly told...a car is just an object ... a life is more important (I don't think these people understand having a Mercedes! LOL)

Anyway...I have finally got some pictures together, so if anyone is interest in seeing them, you can view them at:http://www.cgwebdevelopment.co.uk/mycar/

You're one lucky guy to have got out of that.

Glad you're on the mend - imagine if you'd been in something less well put together....... doesn't bare thinking about.

All the best
OG

shocked.gif
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

CGrint,

Judging by how mangled the car is you're extremely fortunate to have escaped, as OGiii has said. It's good to hear you're on the road to recovery and able to share your experiences with us.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

S.

Welcome, thanks for sharing.

You beat Shude and lived.

As we all know, Mercs are strong cars when it comes to crunch time. However it's never nice to think that you may need to draw on the safety provided by your pride and joy.

Here's a shining example of where you have been rewarded with a sensible purchase decision. I am sure that a rival's car will not have provided the protection.

Glad to hear that you've survived ok! Time to get another Merc!

Glad you made it more or less in one piece M8.:bannana:

Good job you didn't have a passenger they would not have been so lucky eh?:crazy: :crazy:

Welcome to the Forum, what do you drive now?:confused:

Edit

Sorry didn't read it properly, didn't realise that you were still recovering. Good luck with that mate. Hope to see you at our GTGs.

Last edited:
Nice to hear you're recovering Ok.

Try using the front of the car in any future accidents, it really helps!

You'll have to get the wife to bring you along to any get togethers.

Keep smiling ;)

Thank you everyone for the kind words, and warm greetings to the forum.

I defiently know that any other car would have meant I would not have made it, the fire brigade said that a lesser/smaller car would have resulted in a second tree coming down, and that would have killed me.

Ironically I had watched Top Gear a couple of weeks before, where my model C class was shown to have a 2 star NCAP result, I had joked that I should make sure I did not have an accident (especially headon) as the car would not make it..!

I hope one day I can get back into a car, and more importantly a Mercedes ... once I am fit enough to work ... I had started working freelance (web developer) just before the accident, so money is tight now.

I can get my fix of all things Mercedes in the forum now, keep me going inbetween passing the Doncaster dealership (one of the new look building) ... and maybe a visit to one of your get-togethers.

Again, thank you all.

Glad you are still in one piece, look forward to seing you at the GTG's. Get well and remember that Merc drivers drive them for a reason. Safety, comfort and elegance.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Glad your on the mend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom