Pictures of my custom dual exhaust system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Hi, a number of members have asked for pictures of my custom made dual exhaust system with quad pipes. The system was made by Longlife Exhaust to my specifications and features the following: Kleemann header and sports cat - centre OEM cat removed and replaced by 3-in-line mufflers tig welded together - dual pipe split with quad pipes. Total cost = £2,500.00. I just enjoy it as it gives a nice deep mellow sound without sounding like a boy racer saxo or cleo. As it was raining today my car is wet and dirty underneath. Hope you enjoy....

That looks really good Tudu, the 3 mufflers are a neat and interesting solution not seen anything like that before.
Do you notice any improvement in performance with the sports cat?
David

That looks really good Tudu, the 3 mufflers are a neat and interesting solution not seen anything like that before.
Do you notice any improvement in performance with the sports cat?
David

Thanks. No space owing to spare wheel cover at rear for boxes so came up with this idea. I have noticed an increase but awaiting to have the Kleemann performance kit fitted then will do a before and after dyno. That should tell me what BHP (for the header, cat and exhaust system) then with the whole kit combined - should be interesting. Will post results in the M271 thread when completed.

Very similar to what i had done on my SEC bar the Cats... its just a straight through on mine..

Clever design! That centre muffler looks like the Aston box I had on my HSR :D

Looks like you may have grounded the front section (before the muffler)?

How is the spare wheel housing standing up to the heat?

Very interesting!

The rear muffler delete with centre replacement is a good idea :cool:

Hi Peppernick just keeps everything clean at the rear plus i wouldn't have been able to put 2 rear mufflers up to tailpipes due to wheel cover in the way. 3" pipe now done, taking into have emission test tomorrow as don't want to fail MOT, so might have to fit a small cat into the system if it fails. Have to keep my fingers crossed that its all okay.

Clever design! That centre muffler looks like the Aston box I had on my HSR :D

Looks like you may have grounded the front section (before the muffler)?

How is the spare wheel housing standing up to the heat?

Thanks. Yes, my driveway has a steep angle so grounded it a couple of times but the system has now been lifted 2" and given me the clearance. There is very little heat as dispersed due to dual system, even less now i had 3" pipe put in today.

Any one have pictures of the underneath of a C55?

Any one have pictures of the underneath of a C55?

Don't have a pic but if i recall it has twin down pipes running the length of the car with a cat on each pipe to 2 back boxes (has no wheel well i think) with twin AMG tailpies attached to each back box. Sure i will be corrected if wrong.

Just pulled it up in EPC and double down pipes coming together for a short centre section then splitting out, similar to yours with twin mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom