Pidgeons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Almost sh*t my load this morning going to work,cruzin at about 70mph,When a couple of stupid pidgeons decided to forgo there free meal in the gutter of the road and fly off :eek: First thought was OMG my grill it will break it if it flies into it.Well no need to worry it missed the grill and hit my bloody windscreen :mad: I thought by the sound of the bang it was going to join me on the passenger seat on go to work with me,christ what a mess.Out with the hose pipe when i got home.Eeeeeuuuugh.

I had one glance off the windscreen last week and the thing kept on flying :eek: Ok i was only doing 30mph but that was one tough pidgeon :crazy:

Stu :)

Pidgeons try a Crow

In May travelling through France in a Carrera 4 , In the outside lane doing about 120 mph, a crow feeding of road kill in the middle lane decides to fly off. Straight into my path, luckily it stayed low an was sucked under the car, with a noise that sounded like a bomb had gone off, take it from me it didnt fly off, a CL55 following us finished it with its nearside tyre. Wobbly

In my Motorcycling days a pidgeon flew into my path and ended up in my lap. :eek: Had a lot of arms flaying to get rid of it at the speed I was travelling. Very amusing afterwards. :D :D

Brian WH said:
In my Motorcycling days a pidgeon flew into my path and ended up in my lap. :eek: Had a lot of arms flaying to get rid of it at the speed I was travelling. Very amusing afterwards. :D :D

Just trying to imagine a motor cyclist going down the road now with arms flaying about everywhere hehe:D

Zapped a pidgeon while doing a bit over the speed limit on the A40 Brecon bypass. It flew right into the windscreen just where the rear view mirror sticks on ( this was a Mondeo I had at the time). The windscreen cracked in all directions from the impact point and the now deceased pidgeon barrelled off into the distance. One less "flying rat" to crap all over my just washed car.

Not what to put on an application form for the RSPB, and I jumped outa my skin at the noise it made. :eek:

Pheasant

I used to be a member of an archery club, and there was a story of a guy there who clumped a pheasant on a country road near his house while going to an archery competition. So he picked up the pheasant ( which wasn't mangled) , bungs it in the passenger footwell, thinking he'll pluck it and cook it, so off he heads, gets onto the M3 , and the pheasant is just stunned and comes back to life in the car and goes bonkers, the guy swerving all over the road whilst trying to fend off the pheasant and get to the hard shoulder to finish it off.

How true i don't know but pretty funny to imagine none the less.

Im not a pheasant plucker,Im a pheasant pluckers son,I only pluck pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes!

I think thats right? :D

Was folowing a nice shiny black SL55 the other week when a prat in a golf TDI pulled out between me and the SL :eek: I was not best impressed at the time as neither me or the other SL was going very slowly, and the golf certainly wasn't up to the job :devil: Anyway golf driver then proceeds to try and tailgate the SL for the next few miles until the SL driver just had enough and hit the loud peddle with very impressive effect, right up until the pidgeon got in the way. The effect was not so good for the pidgeon but quite impressive for me who was now hanging a fair bit back from the fun. The golf driver got two lessons in tailgating

1) If the car in front hits a pigion at 100+ you get the bird + entrails all over your car :bannana:

2) SL55s stop quick. in fact they stop _very_ _very_ quick :devil:

my guess would be that the guy in the golfs trousers were in a very much worse state than his now very messy golf :D

Feel sorry for the poor guy in the SL it must have made quite a bit of mess of his bonnet :-( probably a respray job ...

Only one word for this thread - yeeeeuuuuuuch :crazy:

My first Mercedes had a dent in the leading edge of the bonnet caused by a sparrow!

To add a bit more to the 'yeuccch' factor.

Some years ago I was teaching a student the art of 'circuits' at Sherburn aero club. At about 300 feet climbing out between Sherburn and South Milford a flock of about 20 pigeons decided to join us. Two hit the wing leading edge, which was noisy and, quite messy as well, one took off the VHF aerial from the back of the fuselage but, worse still, one took off the pitot head underneath the wing. I say this because without a pitot head you dont know how fast you are going or, rather more importantly, how slow you are going :eek: . When an aeroplane 'stalls' its not the engine which stops its the airframe which doesnt produce enough lift to support the weight and you say goodbye to 300 feet and hello to whatever is below.

Somehow I'm still here to tell you this but I hate to think what deposits were left on and in the washing lines and outdoor swimming pools of South Milford and Sherburn that day :D

Portzy. Sqnd Ldr, Rtd. (joke!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom