Pillow's C216 CL600 Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recently retrofitted all the distronic hardware to my 2003 W211. All went well until we went to get it activated by STARs only for Mercedes UK and Germany to say they wont allow anymore vehicles to be retrofitted with the devices that it didn't come with from the factory. So just a heads up for you too unless you know a different way of getting it to work or if its simpler on C216 era of models
So the last time I spoke to the chaps from Comand Online in Lightwater they said Mercedes were not allowing Distronic Plus to be added to the datacard but regular Distronic was fine.

I am not sure exactly how it fits together on the W211 but it is possible on the 216 and 221 to enable it without the dealer or adding it to the data card. A caveat is if you ever have any programming done it will need re-enabling but using Developer mode on STAR (DAS specifically) or Vediamo is how you can still enable it manually.

I suspect you could still enable yours.

Oh, that's a blow. How long ago was that? I don't know enough about STAR - would the same issue arise if an independent with STAR was to try it?

This was at the start of 2022. I did speak to the fella at Command and they told me it can't be done as they were doing similar to an R320 2003 model too I believe and Merc wouldn't allow datacard to be updated. Mine was a normal distronic 1st gen I believe. I took it to 3 independant garages too and got told the same by MSL and PCS

This was at the start of 2022. I did speak to the fella at Command and they told me it can't be done as they were doing similar to an R320 2003 model too I believe and Merc wouldn't allow datacard to be updated. Mine was a normal distronic 1st gen I believe. I took it to 3 independant garages too and got told the same by MSL and PCS
In that case your only option is to find someone willing to use Vediamo or someone that has DAS with developer mode who will then need to manually go through each or the necessary modules and enable the needed features.

In that case your only option is to find someone willing to use Vediamo or someone that has DAS with developer mode who will then need to manually go through each or the necessary modules and enable the needed features.
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the info on that one!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom