Pilot Bush

Discussion in 'Engine' started by tflda29, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tflda29

tflda29 New Member

Car:
    ML270 CDi 2002
    Hi All,

I am changing the pilot bush on my ML270 due to oil in the wiring loom and gearbox module issue. I have had the bottom half of the dash out to clean all the oil from the loom and inside the module and am now working on the underside of the car.

Problem is i cant seem to get the new pilot bush to go in.....is this meant to be so tight and any tips to get it in or am i catching on an electrical pin having not aligned it correctly do you think....the bolt in the middle does not yet reach the threads.....

Also if the gearbox was in limp home ...ie was stuck in one forward gear only with big cluck when moving shifter can i reset the gearbox at home or does it need to go on star.

thanks
    Trevor

2. dokalj

dokalj Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I would have thought the vehicle needs to go on STAR to clear te faults. If a fault is corrected it is then stored, however it needs to be cleared.

3. alibally

alibally Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W169 A160 and Smart 451
    The latest pilot bushes with the black seeks are quite tight to go in. The seals are not so soft as the earlier ones.

Tags: