Pilot lands with one wing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Those are some pilots, brilliant piece of flying by both of them.:eek:

Last edited:
Wouldn't have made it without that engine tho!:crazy: Unbelievable bit of flying???

Last edited:
Am I the only one who think this is a fake?
It looks like a model plane when it lands, just doesn't look right to me at all.

Russ

Am I the only one who think this is a fake?
It looks like a model plane when it lands, just doesn't look right to me at all.
Actually I think landing a model in those circumstances would be just as impressive.

looks false to me but hey what do i know?

Do you think the footage is real?

The perspective is very odd indeed and I'm surprised the cameraman manages to keep sight of the plane at such close range. On landing the plane fills the entire screen and the aircraft stops in what seems like a few feet.

Of course is fake!

It`s the the `Web Fun` section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like CGI to me.. Give me a couple weeks I expect I could reproduce this in 3DS.. just without the materials and high quality render...

It's footage of a large-scale r/c model, with a CGI ending grafted on.

Fake - perspective of the toy plane as it lands is wrong.

Last edited:
IIRC The situation had never been covered in training, but was afterwards.
No pilots could do it in training.

I definitely don't recall that aspect of it.:confused:

A jet airliner isn't that bad a glider. The main problema are finding somewhere to put down, energy management, and then making sure you get the approach right as you can't go around.

An Air Transat A330 managed to glide into the Azores.

By comparison the DC-10 that lost its hydraulics and crash-landed at Sioux City and the A300 that got whacked by a missile out of Baghdad were probably much much more difficult situations.

Last edited by manalishi : Today at 10:55 AM. Reason: bad granma

what did she do??:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom