Pimp my Ride "UK"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
Oh did I see some veritable side splitting entertainment on (I think) channel 5 on saturday. I had heard of the American version but never seen it.

There was some poor oik with something which looked like a refugee from the scrapheap - a fiat panda I think it was called.

Then there was the team of "professionals" who managed to completely rip his car apart and reassemble it into an oxford english definition of the word "Barry". Now even I, a tehnical ignorant, would admit that this transormation required a considerable amount of skill, yet I was left with the feeling that I was still looking at a crap car covered in an "expensive" paint job.

The reaction of the skateboarder driver and his mates was pure comedy. They were just so impressed at his wicked car makeover.

Now maybe I am being a killjoy and cruelly mocking those whom to me seem to have lesser tastes in cars - but I still found it extremely funny -and have a sneaking suspicion that the so-called pros were having a similar laugh on the sides.

My thumbs up for "light" entertainment.

Les

Pimp my Ride

A few months ago I downloaded the whole series from last year to see what all the fuss was about. The first one left me pretty cold, but as I watched them back-to-back I could see the cleverness of the concept and the irony involved. Now they make me giggle like crazy

Westwood's no-one's favourite TV presenter (as far as I know) but he and MTV really, really know their market and have got it down. AFAIK it's one of the highest-rated UK TV shows

So, lighten up my man Les! Be chillin in yo wagon! Respect!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom