Pink xenons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gilbert121262

Car
w221 350L CDI Blutec
Just noticed one of my xenon headlights has turned pink. No error message on dash. Done a bit of searching and it seems bulb is on way out. Is this a DIY job, just looked under bonnet and not a lot of room, in fact passenger side no room. Its a w221 facelift.
Anyone any idea what the dealer is gonna quote me, will get both sides done as the other will probably go soon.

I'd imagine a dealer would fit them for free, your looking at around £170 for a pair from a main dealer. If you don't get a pair, one will always be brighter

The dealer fit them for free. Have I entered a parallel universe.

Free.....as in, included in the £170 price for the bulbs. That's £150 more than halogen bulbs. Have you now crashed back in this universe now? :)

Just replaced both of my xenons with eBay replacement bulbs for £25 , work perfectly and I'm not bothered about buying Phillips for silly money.

Its not the cost its the fitting that bothers me. There is no room at all on passenger side.

Just replaced both of my xenons with eBay replacement bulbs for £25 , work perfectly and I'm not bothered about buying Phillips for silly money.

I have bought a couple of pairs of the cheap ones on E-bay and both pairs had one of them fail within the year and this was on a car I hardly used.
Though the ones I bought were even cheaper than what you paid, one pair was £20 and the other pair was £12.50.
I have just bought a pair of D2S Osram Night Breakers for the Bi-Xenons on my 219 for £88 a pair (upto 70% brighter than the standard D2S Osram Xenarc) you can even get the standard OEM Osram bulbs for about £45 a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom