Pinout for Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rpm

Does anyone have the pin assignments for the connectors on the back of an Audio 20 HU? It's fitted to a late 2007 w203.

I'm particularly interested in connecting to the aux input.

Thanks

Does anyone have the pin assignments for the connectors on the back of an Audio 20 HU? It's fitted to a late 2007 w203.

I'm particularly interested in connecting to the aux input.

Thanks

If you already have the AUX cable, it should be the black wire to pin 6 of connector 3, yellow to pin 12, brown to pin 11 and the transparent to pin 5. If you don't have the cable, brown should be ground and the transparent for the shield but I'm not sure about left/right without checking from my AUX cable.

Thanks Diesel. That's exactly what I need to know. I do already have the AUX cable.

One other thing. Do you have any suggestions on how I should make the pin connections? Is that socket a standard size for which I could easily pick up a blank plug? Or will I have to find a way of attaching each wire individually?

Thanks again mate

Rob

Thanks Diesel. That's exactly what I need to know. I do already have the AUX cable.

One other thing. Do you have any suggestions on how I should make the pin connections? Is that socket a standard size for which I could easily pick up a blank plug? Or will I have to find a way of attaching each wire individually?

Thanks again mate

Rob

Would post or PM your VIN, perhaps your cable isn't correct after all or otherwise you might need an intermediate plug housing at the rear of the radio where the plug fits like Richard mentioned. But your plug does not look like it could fit into another plug housing and didn't one other forum member confirm that your AUX plug looks exactly the same as his where he connected it to the plug behind the door sill.

There are 3 types of lead used

a) intermediate white 4 pin square connector to 3.5mm socket - used on D2B cars, and W203/W209 most cars. Theres 2 or 3 different part numbers - presumably different lengths for different models
b) head unit direct to 3.5mm socket - used on A/B and ML/GL, and the latest W203/W209 most cars - different part numbers for different cars as they are different lengths
c) head unit to intermediate connector - part of car's wiring loom. comandonline sells this cable for D2B cars but not MOST
- on MOST cars the head unit end is a white shell/plug that clips into the black large connector body.

You need (c), I think you have (a) - do you have a photo

Richard

The cable I have is part number A 203 440 18 08. I've attached a photo of the white connecter; there's a 3.5mm jack socket on the other end.

So if that's (a) in your previous post, do you know how I can get hold of (c)? If you could find a part number that'd be great.

Is my car D2B or MOST? Apologies for my ignorance :)

Thanks for your help

Rob

Attachments

• P1000713a.jpg
    P1000713a.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 297
Richard: any more thoughts now you've seen the photo of my aux lead?

Diesel Benz: I can't get PM to work so can't send you my VIN. It was registered in September 2007 if that helps. I agree that it looks like it wants to fit into a loom socket. But there isn't one!

Any ideas?.....

Rob

Richard: any more thoughts now you've seen the photo of my aux lead?

Diesel Benz: I can't get PM to work so can't send you my VIN. It was registered in September 2007 if that helps. I agree that it looks like it wants to fit into a loom socket. But there isn't one!

Any ideas?.....

Rob

You can only send PM once you have reached sufficient number of posts, was it 30 or 20?

I'd spend some time browsing the site:
www.mercupgrades.com

Also familiar from above. Earlier on I did find the same info Richard mentions above, I lost it now but it is there, plus a lot extra.

I'd suggest you to ask your parts guy to figure out the missing connectors/connector housings. Perhaps there would be an intermediate cable like on earlier models that should plug to the cable you have. I don't remember if the part number of your current cable was already checked (although VIN would be ideal for that).

Diesel Benz: I looked some more on mercupgrades.com and couldn't find any more info related to the C-Class.

But I did find equivalent instructions for adding an aux port to an A-Class Audio 20. I'd seen them before but not looked closely because they were A-class:(

Here's the link http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+APS+Retrofit-article-4.html. The relevant sections are 2c and 2d.

The cable used there fits directly into the HU, in the way Richard suggested in an earlier post.

I'm guessing the pinout for an A-class Audio 20 is the same as for mine so I'll try to get that cable and see what happens.

Rob

At least the A-class Audio 20 pinout seems the same. Odd that the wiring diagram indicated a similar intermediate connector as on some of those C-class cars. I hope your approach works.

Dont know if this helps.
This is the way I did mine.
Cable you have looks like the one I used.

Part Number is different because the one on the site is American Part Number.

Alex.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1289872-aux-input-2005-w203-w-pics.html

The problem appears to be that this car does not have the connector in the door sill area. Not all W203 cars do and it appears to be confirmed by the fact that there is no corresponding wiring at the rear of the head unit that would go to this door sill connector.

It would have been nice to get a photo from the rear of your car, even better with part numbers (a possible connector frame and the cable).

That picture is the intermediate connector - option (a) in my list above

- also the part number (A210 part number) is just a different length, used on W210/W208, and its in fact what I tend to buy if adding that to a car with the intermediate connector

R

Success :bannana:

I got the cable used on the A-Class Audio 20 as mentioned above and it works on my C-Class.

Part number A169 540 49 08 did it for me. It has a 3.5mm jack socket on one end and, on the other, the connector to fit directly into the back of the Audio 20.

Thanks to all you guys who contributed ideas and suggestions. I wouldn't have got there without you!

Cheers

Rob

Success :bannana:

I got the cable used on the A-Class Audio 20 as mentioned above and it works on my C-Class.

Part number A169 540 49 08 did it for me. It has a 3.5mm jack socket on one end and, on the other, the connector to fit directly into the back of the Audio 20.

Good news, this should help a lot others who plan to do the same after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom