Pioneer Appradio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rpe2

Car
2010 E350 CDI, 2016 Ford SMax
Morning,

Has anyone got/ experienced one of the above?

Looking at the SPH-DA100 with medium interest.

One fact I'd like to know is whether the AM radio extends to LW (for test match special purposes).

Thanks in advance

appradio.jpg

Not a clue on the LW question, I will have a look.

Many Thanks.

What do you make of it? Given the opportunity would you buy one again?

Just checked and MW only.
So many are now.

Would I buy again?

Yeah, probably.

It is a nice looking unit that sits well in the dash and does what I want it to do feature wise. However, the only thing it is lacking is some advanced features for doing a hi end install.
I wasn't planning on doing this when I bought it though, so that is a bit unfair. By hi end I mean, parametric EQ over 7 bands, time alignment, 6 line outs at 4v etc.

Now, if you just want to install it and use it with the stock speakers or maybe upgraded speakers then it is great, even with a 2 or 4 channel amp it is great, or with an amp and upgraded fronts and a sub it is great.

However, I now want to put in some nice front speakers and rear 6.5" mid subs in the doors, and a sub in the boot, and I can only do the rear doors or sub.

But if you just want a nice head unit with Parrot bluetooth built in, complete ipod/iphone control with artwork etc. nice sound with a still decent 5 band EQ, and the ability to use a smart phone for doing extras it is great.

The App feature is hit an miss if I am honest.
I don't really use it that much, and if you are buying to use apps you may be disappointed, however, I use the NavFree on the iphone on the occasion I need nav and it does the job.
I just don't think it has enough apps that work with it to justify buying it for that reason, I know that sounds silly, but it is still the best double din radio out there at the price regardless of the app mode, that I look at as a bonus.

I leave a 120gig ipod plugged into the head unit all the time, it just syncs my whole collection and there it is in the car. It is worth it for that alone.

I bought the steering wheel adapter and fascia from dynmanic sounds.
Think it was around £45 for both.
The adapater also makes it completely plug and play, giving you switched ignition, illumination, speed pulse, etc.

30 minute install from start to finish.

Just wondering whether to put in the Pioneer F40BT, got the bug!! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom