Pioneer AppRadio

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Nickb23, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Nickb23

Nickb23 Member

Car:
    A180 CDI
    Hey guys. I am looking for a head unit upgrade for my w169 to work pretty much just with my phone (nexus5). I mainly listen to podcasts, internet radio and Spotify in the car, so having 6 CD changer etc is just not needed.
    So I went to Halfrauds today to buy some stuff and started to have a look at the head units. I really liked the double din full touchscreen offerings from Sony and Panasonic. Getting home and reading up a bit more , it seems the Panasonic AppRadio, along with a modified version of their software might be the way to go as it can control the whole phone and mirror it to the touchscreen.

Has anyone used / got one? Does someone have an alternative to recommend.

Thanks guys.

Nick

2. gIzzE

gIzzE MB Enthusiast

Car:
    530d Touring + ML270 Inspiration
    I had one, with the iPhone though, and it is Pioneer not Panasonic btw.

I found it a bit of a ball ache to use everyday and swapped it out for an Alpine with Mirrorlink, as I had a Sony Z1 by then, but to be honest I use the DAB and the Music player 90% of the time and stream from Soundcloud, Spotify, so didn't ever really take advantage of the Mirrorlink features.

I went back to an iPhone, like the Android device, but preferred the wireless syncing, auto back up and general easyness of the phone, which might mean that I am not one for hacking a unit and having a phone on screen replicated on screen, I would have loved it 10 years ago, but maybe I'm getting old?

I found when the phone was mirrored, it was all a bit blurry and crude.