Pioneer AVIC-X1R

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
The Pioneer AVIC-X1 is very good... however make sure that you go for the later model as it was updated late last year... so make sure its a AVIC-X1R..

Paul

You can also find lots of info for it here...

zooman said:
I am thinking of buying the Pioneer AVIC-X1R, before I buy it any know if it is any good and/or any good alternatives.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10319&taxonomy_id=25-111

Hi zooman.

I've an AVIC X1-R (yes pay attention to buy the newest model) it work really well, also if I purchased it mainly because I was attracted by this toy rather than I need really a navi!:rolleyes:

In any case I'm sactisfied by the purchase also as sound quality and HiFi! You have several possibilty of sound setting...but I'm not an HiFi fanatic so may be someother may replicate with more refined comments:D

Last note: considering that I don't need so often a Navi, I keep the LCD monitor closed (you can utilize also in this configuration) because sometimes I find a little bit booring LCD movement up and down:D

Marco

Cheers Chap will keep that in mind.

If I fit a multilayer can I listen to music and have the nav CD in all the time, and/or get I put a separate DVD player in the boot and put the sat nav disk in it.

Also plan is to put a rear camera on the car. I have seen the Pioneer one but that is not what I want. Anyone know of a camera you can drill into the bumper like a backup sensor.

Hey,

here my comments:
as far as the AVIC-X1R (what's a multilayer!?) you can here music by CD, also MP3 obviously, ...I don't know if it read MP3 on DVD (I don't have possibility to try), while you utilize navi! But to note that navi features are limited (only a limited part of the DVD navi info are stored as temporary memory on the main unit). I hope it's clear, sorry my bad english!
As sampre consider that with this feature you lost POI (point of interest) and if you loose the way the system can only guide you to the original itinerary!

In case you have to utilize again DVD navi.

About the rear camera I know that other more flexible careras may be installed ...they are also cheaper!

I've not any experience with rear camere, but I know for sure other have done it with Avic!

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32141

An alternative, depends on your budget.

Also there is a forum dedicated to this Satnav that turned me off the idea.

To play CD's in the Pioneer unless you buy a changer you will need to remove the Nav DVD, it will however remeber the route. With the Alpine i have both a CD autochanger and iPod connected. iPod on the Alpine whilst not ideal in some areas is infinitelt better than the Pioneer.

Pioneer has the ability for rear camera

We've got the earlier AVIC-X1 and highly recommend it. Yes it costs more than a seperate satnav but it is superb quality, has TMC in UK (as well as Europe), etc., all in a DIN sized unit with good size fold-out screen. We've used ours in our Citroen in UK and Europe, no problems.

You can save nav instructions once you've got your route planned and then eject the disk and play CDs etc., but we've wired in a CD changer so there's no need.

Make sure you've got clearance for the fold-out screen (though the angle can be adjusted).

Highly recommended (not sure how the X1R improves on the X1, though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom