Pioneer DEH-P70BT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mambo

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 535d Sport, Mini Cooper Convertible
Just ordered one of these plus an ipod interface for it:

1118151273538dehp70bt_detailpage.jpg

Bluetooth hands free built in and also the ipod interface I mentioned. It's the first non-Alpine head unit I have had but I have heard good things about Pioneer.

Anyone had any experience with them?

More info here:
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10477&taxonomy_id=25-121

GrahamC230K said:
I like the built in bluetooth handsfree idea.

Yeah me too! It was a bit of an "impulse buy" but I figure at £340 with the ipod interface it's not too bad. Once its fitted I will be flogging my Alpine head unit if anyone is interested......

Mambo said:
Once its fitted I will be flogging my Alpine head unit if anyone is interested......

Only in a Alpine boot changer if you have one.

What head unit and how much please Mambo ?

Just toying with the idea of replacing my steam driven Alpine CD player ....

Howard said:
What head unit and how much please Mambo ?

Just toying with the idea of replacing my steam driven Alpine CD player ....

Not sure what model it is, I will check tonight, its a good one though. It's an american import so you may have trouble with some radio stations and also theres no RDS but didn't bother me as I only listen to MP3s....

Mambo, were you after experience on that particular (and very new) unit, or recent Pioneer units in general?
My brain refuses to figure out which one you were asking for...

DolphiN Tech said:
Mambo, were you after experience on that particular (and very new) unit, or recent Pioneer units in general?
My brain refuses to figure out which one you were asking for...

Yeah I wasn't too clear was I!

Pioneer in general would be good....

Mambo,

Ive had quiet a bit of experience with Pioneer, and the head units are very good! Alpine would be my first choice, but feature wise and gimmick wise Pioneer have always been there.

I used to work with KRA car audio and help design and install their audio installs,

I have had a Pioneer AVIC-X1 since December and had no problems with it, very pleased.

Unit before that was also Pioneer, had that for 6 years!!

Don't think you will be dissapointed with your purchase. :D

Looking at the spec sheet, your unit appears to be a light revision of the P77MP, which is a cracking unit. Lovely build quality and a superb sound output, even with MP3's.

I've always found them a little more restrained and sober than the Alpine units in appearance (possibly a good thing in a C250 Elegance), but right up there in terms of functionality and performance. Seem to be equally as long lived too, we have 2 Pioneer units of mid 90's vintage still going, along with an Alpine from 1997

Thanks for all your comments people!

i had the first pioneer oel dolphin headunit (remember the adverts?) and it was so gimmicky i loved it. when they were really rare and no one had oel 'movies' it looked off the hook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom