Pioneer TS126 Speaker replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Omega

Hi,
I need to replace the speakers in the back of my E220 124 Saloon.
The existing ones are Pioneer TS126.
There dosn't seem to be a lot about this model on the interweb,,,, so I was wondering if anyone here knows an equivelent that I might consider ?

They are about 120cm / 4 ⅝".

((Am also after a cheap Radio / CD player with Bluetooth / SD / USB/ Aux - any ideas out there ?))

thanks

Omega

thanks Frank,

I was hoping for somthing a little cheaper,,,, but 12cm seem to be a bit rare ?!?!

A parrotly - Pioneer had a contract with Mercedes & made the 12cm items specially. As they 'fell out' Pioneer no longer make 12cm ones at all (or so my local Halfords bloke rekkons ?!?!).

Am still looking,,,,,,, may have to spend the extra in the end !

Thanks again

I would say you will struggle to get 12cm replacements easily. Also, Rainbow are an incedibly good brand and make some very high quality component speakers and have a v. good reputation in the car audio world.

They sell from that price range to speakers costing £5k+ and are well known for making speakers to replace OEM/unique-sized speakers in BMW, MB, etc., .

,,,, as you were chaps,,,,
as you already knew, the 12cm items are a pig to get hold of,,, but it seems that these 126's were added after marketing !
Mercedes say that the actual speakers for my model are: B66828378.
It seems that this model is 14cm (or 5.5"),,,,, but Mercedes can't get these any more anyway !!!
So - my questions are now:
1/ Are the B66828378 actually 14cm ?
2/ Any idea where I can pick up some reasonable - any brand - 14cm's please ?

Sorry for the mess around - I just assumed that they were factory fitted !

thanks again

I have some Kicker 5 1/4 inch ones in the back of my coupe .... picked them up off Ebay for £20

Made two 12mm MDF spacers to hold them up a bit , as the speakers were too deep and were touching the metal of the parcel shelf ...

Sound very nice , and look totally OEM ( the MDF spacers are hidden under the box shaped grilles that cover them )

How about these :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INFINITY-5-1-...ryZ14941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and just found out , you can buy MDF spacers already made !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-25-5-1-4-9m...ryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Roberts your fathers brother ....

Last edited:
Cheers Howard,

More food for thought.

I think the spacers on e-bay are just that - 'Spacers' - not adapters.

Am hoping to get into the boot today to see exactly what aperture size / fixing holes are.

I'd prefer to put the proper sizes in,,, but if they can't be got - then I have no choice but to 'adapt' !

It's strange that both sizes mentioned in my quest are almost unobtainable ?! (12 & 14cm).

Thanks again

No , they are spacers ...

My 5 1/4 inch speakers dropped straight in , but the cones were deeper than the standard ones and the frame of the speaker touched on the metalwork , the holes lined straight up though...

You just need to hold the speaker about 12mm higher ( to account for the extra depth ) ...

Good luck

H

HOWARD: Does your car have oblong fitting slots for a speaker 'adapter' ?
Mine does. The current speakers (120mm) sit in a plastic 'adapter' type thing. Since searching for adapters, I have seen the same things for sale.

I am 99.9% certain that the adapter was used from new. If this is so, then I can only use 12cm items (completely round - no fixing lugs).
There doesn’t seem to be any other fixing holes in the steel shelf for speakers.

I have been on to Mercedes who say that they cannot get speakers for this car anymore but the part number is: B66828378. I contacted another Mercedes dealer who has one in stock (from 1999 !) & he offered to measure it. He came back with 140mm ?!?! (as per the part number).

---:---

TELEVISION: Thanks also. As far as I can see at CPC, nothing is suitable (taking above message into account) but will search a bit more, as there are things I havn’t come across yet.

---:---

If I can get to it, I don’t mind drilling holes to fit another size,,,, but don’t want to cut the actual ‘speaker’ holes.

Maybe someone can help with the part number B66828378 with a definite measurement please,,,,, and maybe a supplier.

thanks all

I have been on to Mercedes who say that they cannot get speakers for this car anymore but the part number is: B66828378. I contacted another Mercedes dealer who has one in stock (from 1999 !) & he offered to measure it. He came back with 140mm ?!?! (as per the part number).

If this is the case then you should be able to just about fit any 13cm speaker provided it aint very deep as this is a easy size to get hold of. Ofcourse you will still most likely need to make an adaptor most likely out of MDF.

Can't remember , it was years ago that i did it , and i'm not dismantling the back shelf to find out :eek:

Being that it is a w124 , i would imagine they are all the same ... coupe and saloon. ...

((Am also after a cheap Radio / CD player with Bluetooth / SD / USB/ Aux - any ideas out there ?))

It Depends on how much your willing to spend as the choice is endless. Also its very difficult to get hold of a unit that will have all of the above. The only head units I know that will do SD are those cheap replica units so my advice on those is to stay clear as the sound quality will be nothing compared to a decent branded unit such as Alpine & Pioneer.

This one is the cheapest Pioneer unit that covers nearly all of your requirements and it still aint cheap :crazy: :

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8298.html

CD/MP3
Bluetooth
USB
AUX

HOWARD: what a meanie !!! lol.
Obviously had no idea when you were last scrambling about at that end.
Hopefully might spark other readers memories also
Cheers

GERPZ: Thanks mate, I’ve now seen a few options,,,,, some of the cheapies ‘look’ o.k, but none of them are brands that I’ve heard of !
I think I’ll narrow down the features a bit - thanks again.

---------------------------------:::---------------------------------

ADMIN: also received this PM via this forum:

Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jeannettehttp://jeannette.i8.com

Now whilst I don’t give a damn about other peoples religions (or colour, or sex, or age or race etc etc) I don’t want it stuffed down my throat. It wasn’t asked for here & certainly not wanted.

Last edited:
ADMIN: also received this PM via this forum:

Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jeannettehttp://jeannette.i8.com

Now whilst I don’t give a damn about other peoples religions (or colour, or sex, or age etc etc) I don’t want it stuffed down my throat. It wasn’t asked for & certainly not wanted.

I got this too!

And I don't give a damn either. Just get rid of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom