Pioneer unit AVH-series opinions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Pioneer AVH-3300BT double-din bluetooth AV player with a 5.8-inch Screen

Im looking to buy one of those units. I want to swap my Command over this one. I went thru opinions on youtube but I still would like to know more from people that actualy use them in Mercs.

Anyone?

I really would like to know pros and cons for those units.

1. Im concern of visuals and if those will atract potential burglers.
2. What about sound quality?
3. I know all video fitures, but how they are with different type of codecs and DVDs?
4. Is there a way to install it secure so it will hold to dash insted just slide in?
5. USB? BT?

Please help me to make my mind on this over factory Command and CD-Changer.

Thx

I'd definately go for the Pioneer unit (I have one too).

1. Yes, It will be alot more obvious to some potential burglers as some of them can tell the difference between OEM units and aftermarket ones. The brands logo always gives it off (especially Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood) and these can be used in pretty much any car, so very good re-sale opportunity for the potential burgler.

2. Sound quality will definately be better, more options in terms of EQ and sound shaping than your standard bass, mid and treble controls. Also, these units have a lot more options in terms of system expandability like Aux outputs to separate amplifiers, subwoofer outs and so on.

3. Im not sure what you are getting at but they all play DVD's, Divx, AVI's and MPEGs. I know my one does without any problems.

4. You might need to buy brackets and side fill panels from the units manufacturer to secure it in place if the included one doesnt work. If one doesnt exist for your car, then you will need to make one up. Better still, get a car audio shop to install it for you because you will need to cut/splice your existing wiring to the new adapter included for the stereo.

5. USB and Blue Tooth is a must have!

Hope that helps!

Thumbs up from me too.

I originally bought a second hand COMAND unit but thought the sat nav part was lacking and that the audio quality was poor compared to JVC or Pioneer units I'd had in the past, The Pioneer sound quality brought my speakers to life (I actually thought that they where the weak part of the system until I changed the head unit!)

same here. Got the F900bt fully modded and love it. I'm sure theres better out there, there always is. But i dont care.
I got a surround for my w203 of ebay, plenty of them.did consider laminating a picture of the old standard one and fitting over at times needed. But you could just as well fit a rag over.But you'll have the same issue whatever you fit.

Thats what I thought. Thanks for feedback.

As far as logos on unit I plan to use black tape to cover bottom strip so it would look like its some low bugdet one to kinda minimize risk of braking in.

As far quality. I had 4 other Pioneer unit and they always where great. They always brought to live my OEM speakers.

There reason for all those questions is as I never had 2DIN unit and Im also affraid of Merc electrics. Im affraid of things to go to s..t affter this swap. Is it worth for me to worry about it? Because of CAN and others... ? ? ? ?

you will need a can adapter. Unless they have a built in interface nowadays???
doubt it though. There are basically two for Mb. depending on age of car. Company i bought it from is pioneer parts called something like needis.
You will also need a 12v link to one of the pins for antenna power
on the stock plug, even with a loom adapter.
But not that hard to do but you do have to get it right. Ha e a read up, lots of info about. Start by getting the install manual from pioneer site. Otherwise theres a dealer fitting option from where you rby unit from.

you will need a can adapter. Unless they have a built in interface nowadays???
doubt it though. There are basically two for Mb. depending on age of car. Company i bought it from is pioneer parts called something like needis.
You will also need a 12v link to one of the pins for antenna power
on the stock plug, even with a loom adapter.
But not that hard to do but you do have to get it right. Ha e a read up, lots of info about. Start by getting the install manual from pioneer site. Otherwise theres a dealer fitting option from where you rby unit from.
I accepted fact I wont be able to control it from sterring wheel. I though Command use ISO so that will be straight plug in. As far as antenna I dont think this is a great deal problem - adapter - thats it.

PS. I heared yhere is no working CAN adapter on a market for MERC - is that right?

Last edited:
Does anyone actualy has one of those?? All I heard that these dont work with our cars.

BTW. Sold my Command and CD-Changer and bought AVH - installation time tommrow - cant wait. :D

Yep, that's the one that I used for mine (133 I think), the only thing that doesn't work is the telephone buttons and I can live without those.

As mentioned, you will need to add another power for the antenna but if you get stuck I'll take my stereo out and let you know which pin needs the power.

Last edited:
I'm considering the same head unit for my clk, does the ipod have to connect from the front usb port or is it possible to have a connection from the rear & hide the ipod in the ashtray or glove box.

Yep, that's the one that I used for mine (133 I think), the only thing that doesn't work is the telephone buttons and I can live without those.

As mentioned, you will need to add another power for the antenna but if you get stuck I'll take my stereo out and let you know which pin needs the power.

How much you paid for it and where did you get it from?

Mike320: I will let you know when I will get it but if I remeber right it has only input on front.

No its wrong. There are at least two. It doesnt do phone but everything else, volume change channel, track etc. The phone is bluetoothed from stereo anyway so you dont need to use controls on steering wheel.

CA-R-PI.131 Wired remote interface for MERCEDES - Pioneer Car Accessories

CA-R-PI.133 Wired remote interface for MERCEDES - Pioneer Car Accessories

I just tried to install my unitand now I understand what you meant. It needs ACC connection to make it work and ill to light up when light on. So I understand if I buy one of these (Pioneer suggested 133 for my car) then I should be OK. Problem is I cant find it anywhere. Where can I buy one of those adapters?

I was looking at that one one ebay. Thanks.

So I installed unit and I checked those kits. Those wont fit my car because of plug and wires. Since I really like new set up I can live without sterring controls. Maybe one day.

You can get a wire adaptor loom easily just search ebay for your car w210 pioneer adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom