Pirelli P Zeros for 2016 s205 c220d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C220DLondon

Car
Mercedes C220D
Hi, I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help.

I need to replace all four tyres on my c220d estate (2016, s205). Is like to keep the Pirelli P Zeros which are run flats with the same tyres. I'm sure many will roll their eyes at me sticking with run flats, but I'm happy with them.

Kwik fit have a 10% of offer at the moment which brings them in cheaper than black circles and Mercedes (both about £800 fitted). So, I'm inclined to go with them.

But like black circles kwik fit list two types of p zero with the right size and homologation. One variety is rated E/A/72db on economy/wet performance/noise and the other C/B/70db.

For reference they are:
225/40R19 93Y MOE
255/35R19 96Y MOE

Does anyone know the difference and how to tell what's an exact replacement? Perhaps version (obvs compound - but any other info I should know)? They are about £20 difference per tyre.

And do they all come with the rim protection? The rim protection isn't fool proof as I've found, but better than nothing and looks quite good.

Many thanks in advance, and no, not looking for budget alternatives!

M

What size are they? They seem expensive as I'm guessing they are not 20". Have you tried Asda Tyres? Same set up as BlackCircles etc, usually competitive. Or try Costco if you know a member and have one local to you

What size are they? They seem expensive as I'm guessing they are not 20". Have you tried Asda Tyres? Same set up as BlackCircles etc, usually competitive. Or try Costco if you know a member and have one local to you
Thanks Bob - they are 19" (R19 as per the spec's quoted).

Mercedes quoted £800 fitted and KwikFit are a bit higher than that but after discount cheaper. Will have a look at Asda etc.

Anyone know anything about the rim protector side-wall profile?

There isn't much of a rim protector on non run flat P- Zeros:confused:

I'd also get a price from Camskill. They have the most competitive prices for my taxi.

Thanks all - some useful pointers.

Has anyone had experience of Oponeo and Mytyres and getting them fitted in south west London? The reviews seem a bit patchy on Mytyres, but the price looks pretty attractive.

I'm hoping that all the RF P Zeros have decent rim protection as per mine and Happytalk73's tyres.

I've used MyTyres on one occasion.
The tyres are shipped from Germany (same as Tyreleader) and you arrange fitting at your own tyre fitter.(around £10 -£15 a corner)
Expect around a week for delivery.

Has anyone had experience of Oponeo and Mytyres and getting them fitted in south west London? The reviews seem a bit patchy on Mytyres, but the price looks pretty attractive.

I'm hoping that all the RF P Zeros have decent rim protection as per mine and Happytalk73's tyres.

I’ve used Tyreleader & Oponeo many times for tyres and alloys with no problems at all.

Are both the P zero options MOE, or only the softer compound? (I think the second ones are the Mercedes OE ones). I had P zero's on my petrol 205 and they were very soft, about 7500 miles from the rears. The Contisport Contacts they replaced were very hard but wore unevenly, they did last much longer but they rode firmer. I think that is the only difference between the two you have there.

Has anyone had experience of Oponeo and Mytyres and getting them fitted in south west London?
I've bought from both with no issues , I got them delivered to my address and got them fitted locally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom