pirelli p6000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyw

Car
08 E320CDI 1997R E300TD 1984B w123 230E
Pirelli p6000 these are fitted to my E300TD looking for a replacement that does'nt transmitt so much road noise, anyone recommend a quiter tyre.

What size are your wheels?

I just bought a set of tyres for my W124 this week. I thought I'd try something a little different and bought some tyres made by Nokia!!! Apparently Scandinavia's biggest tyre manufacturer.

The tread design is very similar to the Eagle F1's and the reviews seemed very favourable. Pricewise.....nearly half the price of the Goodyears.

Its too early for me to judge the tyres performance yet but I have noticed that the road noise is considerably improved over the Michelins I replaced.

Check out Nokia tyres below, you never know, you might like what you see.

http://www.nokiantyres.com/index_en.html

Originally posted by Sp!ke
I thought I'd try something a little different and bought some tyres made by Nokia!!! Apparently Scandinavia's biggest tyre manufacturer.

OT: Nokia started life making boots, like Wellington boots, then other rubber products. They kinda started electronic products as a side-line... eventually leading to mobile phones, how times change eh?

Back to topic, I have Goodyear Eagle F1 and thoroughly recommend them. I have found Continetal to be on the noisy side. My previous car '86 190E was shod on Dunlop SP sports and I found them to be a good all-rounder too. I'll never use Pirelli tyres again after one failed on me with drastic bulging on the tread-face... a manufacturing fault.

S.

Last edited:
Autocar did a tyre test a while ago with a Mondeo and a BMW M3

Best tyre was Pirelli, but also noisiest in both cases.

On the Mondeo, Goodyear was as good as Pirelli but quieter.

Quietest tyre was an Avon (on a Mondeo) but it finished in last place.

From this and other tests, I reckon Goodyear Eagle F1 seems to best without any compromise; Avon (can't recall name) quietest but obviously compromised.

Hope this helps - Your choice :)

Recent question on tyres

I own a Mercedes E 280 Elegance, first registered in January 1998. On most roads I find the tyre noise to be really intrusive. It’s equipped with the factory-fitted Pirelli P6000 tyres (215/55 R16) that will soon need to be replaced. I’m not looking for the ultimate in handling performance; noise reduction and ride comfort are my main requirements. Can you recommend a tyre that would meet my needs?

Answer

Mercedes-Benz says that of the four brands it recommends for your E 280, the makes and models most likely to deliver the quietest running are the Continental Premium Contact and Michelin Pilot Premacy. These are also used on the flagship Mercedes S-class, where refinement is an absolute priority.

Whatever choice you make, it’s a good idea to go for a brand recommended by the car manufacturer: suspension systems are much more complex these days, with the tyres forming one component of a carefully tuned set-up including dampers, springs and so forth.

Another quote to add to the discussion. I have 225/25 R16W Continental Premium Contacts and I'm happy with them, they are quiet and give excellent grip.

See Previous Post

You could also try this site, although they sell tyres (unfitted) if you select a tyre and then click on reifentest you will get a comparative test report on grip/noise etc.

Reifentest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom