Pirelli Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane270ML

Car
ML 270 Cdi
Hi everyone,
I'll be looking for some new tyres soon.
Anyone running these tyres... Pirelli Scorpion Verde XL 235/65 R17 108V?
Would love to read your feedback.
Thinking about fitting them on my ML W163.
TIA

I think that would be a brave move on a vehicle where you require grip. Never had good experiences with pirrelli on cars or 4x4 poor performance in wet and made vehicle skittish.

I would be lòoking at something else if it were me like Michelin cross climate or Goodyear vector

I think that would be a brave move on a vehicle where you require grip. Never had good experiences with pirrelli on cars or 4x4 poor performance in wet and made vehicle skittish.

I would be lòoking at something else if it were me like Michelin cross climate or Goodyear vector

Interesting, thanks - more research needed then!

Fairly sure that Pirelli Scorpions are fitted to new GLCs in the US, and are of course MB 'approved'. Based on positive internet reviews, I actually wanted these (runflat version) on my long-expected GLC but was told I had to take whatever I was given and shut up!
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 235/60 R18 103 H RUN ON FLAT MOE
That said, I would concur that Michelins behave well in the UK, from my own experience.

Thanks again, currently running Conti Contacts 255/16 17 which are a bit wayward in the wet, under braking & in winter conditions. Pressures are okay.

Suggestions on other forums also recommend going taller & wider to combat 'tramlining'.

I like the look of the Goodyear's having had experience of the brand on a e39 BMW with M package.

Avoid Pirelli. I don't quite know why they are considered a premium brand other than their high prices - they are really poor tyres in the wet - always have been. The only ones that seem to work are the ultra expensive ones that go on things like 911's.

You re looking at Goodyear - this is ALWAYS a good place to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom